Project Manager / Geologist
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a full-time, mid-level Project Manager / Geologist for our Chantilly, VA office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The selected candidate will/be:
- Provide project management and technical support for environmental site assessment and remediation projects, related to federal, state, municipal, and commercial clients.
- Responsible for reviewing, understanding, and implementing site-specific work plans and scopes of work
- Manage and execute field investigations (including soil, water, and air sampling; drilling, well installation, subcontractor supervision, and coordination with analytical laboratories), construction and/or remedial action oversight, personnel field management.
- Interpret geological, hydrogeological, and environmental chemical data
- Prepare technical deliverables including reports, letters, proposals, cost estimates, tables, and figures.
- A seller/doer and continuously seek to grow business.
- Follow company safety standards, participate in safety training, and prepare as well as implement site-specific health and safety plans.
The ideal candidate will have 5-10+ years of professional environmental consulting experience is required. In addition, you will have experience with / be:
- Carrying out well installation, logging, soil classification, environmental due diligence, UST compliance monitoring, UST closures, and vapor intrusion assessments.
- Ability to interpret geological, hydrogeological, and environmental chemical data are integral to this position.
- Project management training or experience on projects totaling $1,000,000.
- As a Task Manager, including responsibility for cost and schedule for technical components of larger projects, is required
- A history of executing and managing environmental projects for key clients and generating work for themselves and others.
- Preparing technical reports, memos, response to comments tables, and diagrams is required.
- Must be a competent technical writer.
- Able to observe, evaluate, and document site field conditions and communicate changes in field conditions to clients.
- Working knowledge of the conceptual site model process is preferred.
- CERCLA RI/FS and PA/SI is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret chemistry and environmental data is preferred.
- Experience with federal, state, municipal, and private sector projects is preferred.
- Ability to assist with cost estimating and obtaining bids from vendors and subcontractors is preferred.
- Ability to review and summarize agency regulations, policies, and procedures into “plain English” is preferred.
- Knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, geographic information systems, and hydrogeologic software applications, such as Aqtesolv®, and Earth Volumetric Studio, are highly desired.
- High-level skill using Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel and Word is required.
- Experience in GIS, hydrogeology, and databases are preferred.
- Ability to interface with clients, subcontractors, working groups, and internal customers required.
- Able to communicate effectively and make evaluated decisions for the betterment of the client and the company.
- Be a problem solver, have an interest and ability to work in a collaborative manner, and the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Must be able to manage time well, and work on tasks as part of a larger project team.
- Must have a strong health and safety ethic.
- Ability to maintain a relatively consistent level of positivity, day to day.
- The ability to work extended hours based on the Company’s needs is required.
- Attention to quality is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Self-motivated and able to take directions and work independently.
- A strong drive to succeed and advance your career is preferred.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle records check.
- BS/BA degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Geology, Chemistry, Biology, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Planning or a related discipline is required.
- Master's degrees that had a thesis requirement are preferred.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Training is preferred.
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Training and 8-hour OSHA Supervisors of Hazardous Waste Operations Training are preferred.
- Registered professional geologists are preferred.
The work environment consists of:
- Office and field work, with some field work requiring overnight stays.
- Must be able to walk large project sites and must be physically able to carry up to 35 pounds of equipment (such as sampling tools, GPS unit, field screening equipment and cameras) during field work.
- Field activities take place in a variety of weather conditions, including harsh weather, and can occur in remote locations and include areas of uneven terrain.
- Must be a strong swimmer and able to work safely and comfortably in and around boats.
- Field sampling and monitoring may include various media (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil gas, and air).
- Must be able to work at a desk / computer in an office environment for office-based tasks.
While we commend hard work, we are interested in people who are effective - who get the right things done at the right time. At Tetra Tech, you will work with people who come in every morning to decide what needs to be done to accomplish the goals we have all helped define, and then take ownership for the speed of the execution on those goals.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/en/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies