Research Associate, COVID-19 CRP
The Biostatistics Center of the Milken Institute School of Public Health is an off-campus research facility of The George Washington University located in Rockville, Maryland. The Biostatistics Center serves as the coordinating center for large scale multi-center clinical trials and epidemiological studies funded by federal agencies including the National Institutes of Health. The Biostatistics Center is a leader in the statistical coordination of major medical research programs of national and international scope. Visit our website at: www.bsc.gwu.edu.
This position independently carries out research/development activities by using quantitative and qualitative methods to collect, analyze and report data activities, under general guidance from the Principal Investigator. Using a certain degree of creativity and latitude, the core responsibilities of this position include making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results. This position compiles results and prepares technical reports and documentation of outcomes. This role is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Working under general supervision, this position typically reports to a Principal Investigator.
Essential duties include:
• Serves as the primary project manager of study, as well as a central piece to both the DCC team and project as a whole. Coordinate across all aspects of the study to ensure project requirements are met.
• Oversees and guides sites through study setup and maintenance.
• Participates in the coordination of regulatory and compliance activities of clinical sites.
• Collaborates with study leadership regarding data management, data quality reviews and study documentation. Participates in committees dedicated to data management and analysis.
• Participates in writing groups, and collaborates with study investigators on proposal and manuscript development, as well as dataset creation and statistical analysis.
• Participates in the creation and maintenance of study protocol, informed consent forms and Manual of Operations/Procedures.
• Creates graphs and study-wide dashboards for report and data sharing, both offline and via the online Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) system. Designs, creates and maintains monthly technical reports on the recruitment and enrollment for the study.
• Conducts geospatial analyses and creates maps for dissemination to the internal study group and general public.
• Serves as the study webmaster and expert on website design and administration utilizing Liferay. Develop Liferay-based systems as needed to meet needs of study committees and working groups. Guides study through migration to new versions of Liferay.
• Performs extensive testing of the Biostatistics Center’s internally developed data management and entry system. Assists in managing the study’s implementation of remote consent utilizing this system, including form development.
• Serve as study representative to center-wide committees devoted to the Biostatistics Center’s data entry and website platforms.
• Supervises a team of Research Assistants.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a master’s degree and 1 year of experience in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Extensive experience with Liferay website administration
• Prior experience with clinical trials research and observational data
• Prior experience with management of electronic health record (EHR) and case report form (CRF) data
• Prior experience with project management
• Prior experience with COVID-19 research
• Prior experience with geospatial data analyses using ArcGIS
• Prior experience with statistical programming and analysis (Stata, SAS, R)
• Prior experience with supervising entry-level staff
• Prior experience with managing electronic data capture systems
• Highly independent work style
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.