Senior Maintenance Planning Assistant
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Senior Maintenance Planning Assistant
Under limited supervision of the Supervisor, provides planning and scheduling support to the maintenance planning organization within a division and associated enterprise asset management (EAM) business processes. This includes all support tasks and transactions to support an effective industrial maintenance program throughout all of Fairfax Water’s systems. The system specialist maintains critical maintenance data to include asset structure, job material requirements and maintenance plans to efficiently manage system assets.
Essential functions include:
The Senior Maintenance Planning Assistant provides critical administrative support within a division and limited maintenance management analysis.
- Ensures SAP EAM data is accurate, sufficiently detailed and updated in a timely manner. Creates and maintains functional locations, equipment and associated master data entries, equipment bill of material, maintenance task list and plans.
- Reviews notifications and work orders for completeness and accuracy to ensure required data has been entered by maintenance staff to include planned and actual costs, resource requirements, and root cause analysis.
- Creates work orders from notifications and classifies them according to priority.
- Generates standard reports and helps develop new maintenance reports to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance organization.
- Assists Maintenance Planner with materials resource planning. Obtains quotes from vendors and generate purchase requisitions.
- Works closely with Procurement staff to ensure the maintenance organization has material necessary to complete maintenance activities.
Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of one year of mechanical experience in:
Graduation from high school or equivalent, supplemented by general business practice courses and a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible related administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Strong personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, SharePoint) and ability to quickly learn software applications. Prefer a Super User of SAP EAM Software and have experience with Fairfax Water maintenance processes. Available to work overtime, as needed. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships in a team environment. Ability to attend and successfully complete required business and technical training courses.
Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test. This position is subject to random testing after hire.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. Applications must be received by February 25, 2021.