AI Software Engineer
Are you a Software Engineer with an Artificial Intelligence (AI), mathematical, or statistical background who wants to do more than fix or write/rewrite code? Do you have a passion for innovation and problem solving? We are seeking a talented AI Software Engineer, who has experience with AI modeling using machine learning algorithms to join Praescient Analytics at our client site in Herndon, Virginia.
At Praescient, we are passionate about building products that solve our clients’ most challenging data problems. Our AI Software Engineer will be responsible for a variety of tasks including defining, developing, and delivering novel AI, mathematical models, statistical models, and algorithms to address program needs such as prediction, optimization, and classification. Our Engineers enjoy a large amount of autonomy and independence in how they solve problems. The perfect candidate will be a professional who can think outside the box and approach AI Engineering from many angles.
Praescient Analytics is supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence Community (IC) by providing Information Technology (IT)-based efforts required for software-secure technology and concept development. You will be working to enhance the DoD’s and the IC’s information processes and technical architectures using state of the art techniques to enhance artificial intelligence delivery. You will be actively applying machine learning algorithms to large structured and unstructured datasets; you will be working to support advanced pattern recognition, target detection and tracking. You will be working with machine learning and decision systems, as well as robotic/unmanned systems while teaming in the full-life cycle implementation process.
The AI Software Engineer will be taking on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Database Engineers to ensure ingested data sets are capable of supporting AI model development by defining and implementing appropriate data labeling
- Applies machine learning algorithms to large sets of structured and unstructured data (during ingest and at rest) to address program needs such as applications in pattern recognition, target detection and tracking, machine learning and decision systems, and robotic/unmanned systems
- Develops prototypes for advanced artificial intelligence techniques applied to Multi-INT, big data ingest and analysis using tools such as Python, Spark, Scripting, Jupyter Notebooks, MATLAB, TensorFLow, and AWS SageMaker
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs application software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams as needed to integrate solutions into the integration environment
This is a challenging position that requires the following qualifications:
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph active security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of relevant experience, OR a Master’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience, OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree requirement
- Experience with Big Data Analytics and/or Machine Learning Frameworks (i.e. TensorFlow, Apache MXNet, and/or PyTorch, Basic R, scikit-learn)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
We would like you to have some experience with:
- AWS SageMaker, AWS AI Services
- AWS Big Data Specialty Certification and/or AWS Machine Learning Specialty Certification
What you can expect from us:
- Real opportunity for career growth in an environment where your achievements will be celebrated
- Constant collaboration with numerous teams to ensure client success
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, company-paid United Health Care Medical for you and your family (we pay your premiums and deductibles)
- 401(k) and Roth & 4% matching
- Travel & performance incentives
- 3 weeks paid time off (plus Federal Holidays)
- $5K annual training allowance
- $500 book allowance
- Tuition reimbursement program
Praescient Analytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. Employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or status in the uniformed services of the United States, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or on any other basis which is protected under applicable law. This includes a commitment to provide a work environment that is free from all forms of illegal harassment including sexual harassment.
This covers all terms and conditions of employment including (but not limited to):
- Hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, or demotion of all job classifications
- Recruiting, advertising or solicitation for employment
- Treatment during employment
- Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
- Selection for training
- Company sponsored social and recreational activities
- Layoff or termination
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US Citizenship Required
Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested Candidates: Please forward your resume to email@example.com and please visit our website to apply online at www.praescientanalytics.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
Apply for AI Software Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly