Manager, Quality Measurement [Financial Analysis]
The Manager is responsible for the financial management of the Quality Measurement (QM) departmental and project budgets, forecasts, and other financial analyses in close partnership with Project Teams and/or departmental leadership. S/he will also work closely with the organization’s Finance Department to monitor and track project revenue and forecast trends. S/he will be responsible for the creation of proposal budgets and business proposal narratives in accordance with NQF’s policies and procedures, and coordination with staff across NQF on financial management and administration.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improve department’s financial status by gathering and analyzing financial data/results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; and making recommendations to senior leadership.
- Create and track project budgets, including collaborating with the Finance department and program staff to develop initial project budgets, monitoring and collating forecasted staff utilization, and working closely with project managers and team leads to properly forecast expenditures to ensure projects stay within budget. Work closely with the Controller for guidance and training in financial matters.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate internal and/or external financial reports with reliable conclusions on status of projects, emerging trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop forecast models on revenue changes based on expenditure increases/decreases.
- Develop business proposals in collaboration with project team and department leadership for new business development opportunities in partnership with Project Teams and/or departmental leadership, including creation of the budget and business proposal narrative and provision of detailed explanations and budget /business proposal updates during the proposal negotiation process.
- Actively train and coach staff on tracking and forecasting project expenses.
- Participate in creation and maintenance of standardized financial processes, tools, plans, and templates.
- Develop a high-level understanding of QM projects and staffing in order to facilitate financial management activities.
- Perform additional miscellaneous tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and/or finance, CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing budgets, forecasts, and large-scale portfolios. OR Minimum of 3 years of experience with Master’s Degree.
- Experience with government contracting including knowledge of indirect rates preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Experience working with and training company staff with minimal financial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with internal staff and external stakeholders is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability with ERP financial systems and Microsoft Office suite.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proficiency with embracing change and adjusting priorities, processes and/or approach as needs dictate
- Willing to assume responsibility, self-starter who can apply new skills quickly
- Ability to assist and guide other team members
- Ability to anticipate challenges and apply well-informed solutions and process improvements at the project/team level
- Facilitation of collaboration needed to achieve individual and team tasks and projects
- Building proficiency with presentation and communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and leading portions of external calls or meetings.
- Demonstrated proficiency to support, collaborate, train, lead other colleagues to complete tasks, as well as formal and informal leadership across an organization, promoting teamwork
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In the primary environment the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
NQF embraces a culture of excellence through multi-stakeholder collaboration. We encourage and empower each employee to prioritize learning and growing by providing them the resources to deliver excellence. At NQF, you will find a fast-paced, challenging, inspiring and rewarding career. Maximize your talent and join a team committed to setting high standards for better healthcare efficacy and delivery.