The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) has an immediate opening for a Data Engineer to join the Tech Equity team. NFHA is the only national organization dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination and promoting residential integration in America. Founded in 1988, NFHA is a consortium of private, non-profit fair housing organizations dedicated to promoting equal housing, lending, and insurance opportunities through education, outreach, advocacy, training, research, and enforcement. For more information about NFHA, visit www.nationalfairhousing.org.
The Tech Equity team has a mandate to advance policies, educational resources, tools, and mechanisms for diminishing and ultimately eliminating bias in technologies used in the housing and mortgage lending sectors
The Data Engineer will work on the Tech Equity team and may work cross-functionally with the enforcement team, policy team, data scientists, and application developers to architect and implement data solutions that drive the operations of The National Fair Housing Alliance’s (NFHA) Tech Equity Initiative objectives and overall goals.
- Develop, automate, and support scalable data pipelines and build new integrations to support increasing data volume.
- Design and build data service APIs and expose data to end-users using (custom) visualization tools.
- Ensure ingestion and delivery of data for upstream processing by Data Scientists and other decision makers.
- Build resilient data pipelines and contribute to other internal development works.
- Support the planning and implementation of data platform services, including configuration and needs assessment.
- Design metrics and dashboards to monitor data processes and data quality.
- Implement data masking and encrypt data at rest and in motion.
- MSc degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience with implementing and automating CI/CD pipelines, cloud DevOps, and scheduling tools such as Airflow
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Demonstrated experience in data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Container tools experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience architecting and implementing big data solutions in cloud computing environments (Microsoft Azure stack preferred)
- Project management experience
- Commitment to civil rights, fairness, and justice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a startup is a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to represent the National Fair Housing Alliance in a professional and exceptional manner
Salary commensurate with experience with health, vision, dental, and retirement benefit plans provided. NFHA is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its workforce. Interested applicants should send a resume, sample project (if available) and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please.
Applications are due by February 26, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
Apply for Data Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly