Senior Business Intelligence Programmer Analyst NF4
6 days left
- Full Time
- Performs duties as Programmer/Analyst for Business Intelligence. Uses knowledge of software design principles, methods, approaches, and procedures to design, develop, optimize and integrate system components;
- Uses knowledge of pertinent government requirements and database management principles such as data structures, data modeling and data warehousing to design, debug and maintain software applications that meet technical and functional requirements;
- Designs and develops efficient and effective applications through use of reusable components; Ensures applications comply with requirements and are consistent with current and planned infrastructure and data environments;
- Determines the most appropriate principles, practices and methods to apply in assignments;
- Interprets regulations and applies new methods to difficult problems and resolves most conflicts that arise
- Develops and maintains solutions for business performance management and decision support to include: data mining, data query, reporting, analytics, dashboards, scorecards, etc. Develops metadata models, develops and tunes queries, designs and develops reports, creates analytical solutions and provides customized data delivery and presentation.
- Conducts application administration and database administration for data repositories to include data warehouse, data mart, data cubes, materialized views, etc.
- Conducts customer services for requirements collection; change control; project and task coordination and user assistance. Performs troubleshooting, problem solving and solution analysis duties.
- Conducts research of related products, methods and techniques as assigned.
- Performs programmer/analyst tasks to ensure decision support system reliability, availability and maintainability.
- ;Reports progress as required
- ; Performs other related duties as assigned
- Plans, organizes work and manages internal resources to ensure maximum productivity and economies; Effectively supports the Marine Corps Equal Employment Opportunity policy.&; Maintains and enforces security for Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) funds, merchandise, supplies, equipment, and property to preclude or minimize the potential for fraud, waste and abuse
- Provides World Class Customer Service with an emphasis on courtesy. Assists customers and communicates positively in a friendly manner Takes action to solve problems quickly. Alerts the higher-level supervisor, or proper point of contact for help when problems arise Adheres to safety regulations and standards; Promptly reports any observed workplace hazards, and any injury, occupational illness, and/or property damage resulting from workplace mishaps to the immediate supervisor; Adheres to established standards of actively supporting the principles of the EEO program and prevention of sexual harassment
- This is a white collar position where occasional lifting up to 20 lbs may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science; or a related field appropriate to the work of position AND three years of progressively technical experience in working with Business Intelligence or Decision Support solutions as a technical lead that demonstrates knowledge of software design principles, methods, approaches, and procedures to design, develop, optimize and integrate system components, OR an appropriate combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of knowledge and skill equivalent to that gained in the above, OR appropriate experience that demonstrates that the applicant has acquired the knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to that gained in the above.
- Knowledge of pertinent government requirements and database management principles such as data structures, data modeling and data warehousing to design, debug and maintain software applications that meet technical and functional requirements
- Skill to design and develop efficient and effective applications through use of reusable components, and ensure applications comply with requirements and are consistent with current and planned infrastructure and data environments;
- Strong understanding of relational database management systems and states of data presented in various data repositories; Strong working knowledge of SQL, UNIX, and Windows; Experience with Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle PL/SQL and Cognos Analytics 10 to include Framework Manager is preferred. Knowledge and experience with design, development and testing metadata models is required.
- Working knowledge and experience applying BI solutions to business activities to include but not limited to: Finance, Procurement, Retail, Human Resources, Construction is preferred.
- This position has been designated as a position of trust. The incumbent must be eligible for an Access National Agency Check and Inquires (ANACI/ Tier 3) background investigation to satisfy IT Level II designation; Appointment and continued employment is subject to a favorable adjudication of the security investigation.