Social Media Manager
The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Social Media Manager in the Washington, DC office. The Social Media Manager will build on the firm’s existing social and digital platforms by identifying strategic growth opportunities and creating and distributing impactful content that reflects the firm’s strategic priorities and maximizes engagement with targeted audiences. The Social Media Manager also will advise the Marketing Department, attorneys, internal groups, and firm leaders on social media strategy and solutions, and will measure and refine platform strategy to ensure continued growth and success. The Social Media Manager will be a well-organized team player and will have a clear understanding of emerging tools and trends in the digital communications and social media landscape.
The Social Media Manager will work closely with the editorial and website team in support of content for other firm digital media platforms, including, but not limited to, websites, blogs, webcasts and podcasts. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Marketing Communications, the Social Media Manager will play a key role in supporting the media relations and communications priorities of the firm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs, manages and leads the continued growth of a comprehensive and cutting-edge social media and digital communication strategy designed to reach and influence target audiences.
- Leads the day-to-day activities of the firm’s social media accounts including the daily creation and distribution of content across firm channels.
- Works closely with firm leadership, including Chiefs of various departments, to advance firm priorities across various platforms with consistent messaging and alignment with firm brand and culture.
- Counsels attorneys and others across the firm on social media for business development and brand-building. Develops training materials, social media guidelines, and conducts individual and group training.
- Serves as the administrator of the firm’s presence across core social media platforms, continually seeking to improve processes and functionality.
- Stays abreast of social media developments and trends, emerging technologies, and communications best practices.
- Continually monitors, analyzes, and reports on the firm’s social and traditional media engagement and other key metrics as they compare to the market.
- Coordinates daily with members of the media relations and communications team to ensure social activities are aligned with broader communications priorities.
- Plays an integral role in vendor review and management of vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience working in digital communications / social media, including experience providing strategic counsel to leadership and hands-on execution of a company’s social media platforms. Experience in professional services, legal or B2B context preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of social media tools for monitoring, management and analytics such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social and Meltwater.
- Excellent communication skills; creative writing and editing skills required. Superb attention to grammar, spelling and vocabulary to ensure proper and efficient proofreading and writing.
- Experience with integrating content from social channels across other digital platforms such as website, podcast or webcast, as well extensive knowledge of photography and video.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Practical problem-solving skills and well-developed analytical skills. Ability to analyze problems and provide effective strategies and solutions.
- Ability to work in a high-pace environment, either independently or as a member of a project team.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Ability to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge and proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.