2 days left
- Full Time
American Association of University Professors
Department of Finance and Administration
Database Administrator-Washington, DC, Preferred
The American Association of University Professors is pleased to announce a Database Administrator position in the Department of Finance and Administration to be filled as soon as possible. The preferred location for this position is Washington, DC. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization that has recently implemented a new Salesforce CRM. The Database Administrator will have primary responsibility in providing support to AAUP members, chapters and staff. The ideal person for this job has an extensive membership database management background and ideally has Salesforce certification. This individual must also have the ability to work well with diverse individuals both inside and outside the AAUP. This is a critical time for the AAUP and the academic profession, and this position will have a significant role to play in advancing the Association’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for training and onboarding AMS users, including:
- Providing database training to new AAUP staff members as part of the onboarding process
- Providing ongoing support for other staff members to use AMS database, including running chapter rosters and database reports.
- Serve as point of contact for database updates and chapter support, including:
- Reconciling membership rosters; and making the appropriate updates in the database
- Review/verify chapter field staff/leaders input and roster uploads
- Creating chapter records for newly chartered AAUP chapters and updating defunct chapter records
- Identify and assist as needed with installation of Salesforce Apps as requested by AAUP staff.
- Assist Membership staff in the development and maintenance of AMS business rules and analysis of database reports.
- Provide membership and chapter customer service, including:
- Answering telephone inquiries from members and chapters and handling member and chapter requests
- Periodic phone calls to chapter leaders to verify billing, chapter officer contacts and address other concerns
- Monitor membership email reminders and associated business rules within AMS
- Creating new forms and maintaining for updates as needed.
- Maintain membership database records, including:
- Editing and updating membership records in the database including change of address, status, payment information, and other pertinent membership information
- Initiate refund processing as needed
- Follow up on failed credit card transactions and chargeback notices in a timely manner.
- Serve as an integral part of the Membership team, by testing and approving software upgrades in AAUP’s database sandbox environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three year's CRM experience required; five years' experience preferred.
- AA degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Demonstrable experience using membership database /AMS software, Salesforce based application; Fonteva preferred.
- Salesforce certification preferred.
- Demonstrable experience with process documentation required.
- Demonstrable experience working with interactive screen share tools like Zoom, Go-to-Meeting.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet departmental benchmarks and deadlines required.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives is required.
Salary range: $60,000 for minimum qualifications; higher salary for preferred qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package.
This position is designated as a nonexempt assistant position in the Department of Finance and Administration and is part of the staff union bargaining unit.
To apply, email a resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include: "Member Services Database Administrator - YOUR NAME" in the subject line of the email. You may also mail your resume and cover letter to AAUP, Attention: Membership Services Database Administrator Search, 1133 Nineteenth Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20036. No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The AAUP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or other characteristics unrelated to professional performance.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Database Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly