Senior Policy Associate
1 day left
- Full Time
Senior Policy Associate
Washington, DC, US
The IIF is the global association of the financial industry. Its mission is to support its members in the prudent management of risks; to develop sound industry practices; and to advocate for regulatory, financial, and economic policies that are in the broad interests of its members and foster global financial stability and sustainable economic growth. IIF member firms span the globe and the financial industry, comprising commercial and investment banks, asset managers, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds, central banks, development banks, and other types of businesses involved in the financial industry from nearly 70 countries.
One of the most important topics that the IIF addresses is the issue of sustainable finance. Under the sustainable finance umbrella, the IIF is involved in a variety of projects related to ESG and climate finance, such as developing a roadmap for scaling up carbon markets, analyzing regulatory approaches to climate-related and environmental risks, and establishing principles for a U.S. transition to a sustainable low-carbon economy. A key theme in all of these projects is avoiding market fragmentation and advocating for a common standard or framework. Leading our work in this area is the IIF Sustainable Finance Working Group (SFWG).
The Institute is seeking a highly motivated Senior Policy Associate with expertise in sustainable finance to support the work of our Global Policy Initiatives department, including the activities of the IIF Sustainable Finance Working Group (SFWG). S/he will be responsible for a wide range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with market research and policy analysis on sustainable finance issues.
- Helping to formulate consensus-based policy recommendations on sustainable finance issues, and supporting the development of consultation responses.
- Supporting the delivery of IIF strategic projects on sustainable finance topics.
- Contributing to the IIF’s growing portfolio of sustainable finance research products, webinars, podcasts etc.
- Helping plan and execute IIF events including all SFWG meetings, roundtables, and relevant sessions at the IIF Spring and Annual Membership Meetings.
- Preparing drafts of meeting materials (annotated agendas; meeting summaries; presentations for conference calls and meetings).
- Supporting engagement with IIF member firms, participating in conference calls and meetings, and working to support the IIF’s member outreach.
Applicants should have: a bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, environmental studies or other related quantitative field, but more competitive candidates would have a master’s degree; at least two years of relevant experience in working on sustainable finance topics or a closely related field; strong command of the English language and excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment; good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a very fast paced, deadline-driven environment; ability to interact with all levels of staff in responding to a wide range of inquiries.
To apply, please submit cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume in Word format. For more information about the IIF, please refer to our website at https://www.iif.com.