IT Programmer, Reporting Analyst
2 days left
- Full Time
IT Programmer, Reporting Analyst
Position #: 126104
The Reporting Analyst will report directly to the Manager, Business Intelligence within the Division of Information Technology (DIT). This is an opportunity to join a unit whose mission is to contribute to the strategic initiative of improving data driven decision making on campus. The Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the hands on work related to requirements gathering, report development and data analysis to support departmental and campus wide decision making. This position requires a person who is both technically strong and creative in order to develop unique solutions to answer complex questions with the Universities data. This will require the usage of a variety of cloud based technologies, establishing best practices and procedures for report development and ensuring reports are well structured to facilitate analysis and decision making.
This position encompasses several key areas:
Data Visualization: The position requires the development of clean, clear and concise graphics to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Data Analysis: The Reporting Analyst will use a number of industry standard tools, such as Tableau and SAS, to understand data trends, identify actionable opportunities, and predict outcomes. They will also be responsible for gathering, documenting and executing against a set of well defined requirements collected from end users.
Problem-solving: The problems we are solving are unique and complex. They require critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and often team collaboration to come up with the right solution.
Growth: As the reporting industry is constantly evolving, it is critical to have a natural drive for learning new tools and techniques in order to continue to deliver cutting edge solutions.
Quality: With the University community relying on data and reports to make up to the minute decisions, it is critical that the Reporting Analyst ensures the data is accurate, timely and clearly understood by the end user. Critical attention to detail is important in this role.
The candidate for this role will contribute to a strategy for improving data delivery and usability. Clear communication, leadership skills, collaborating with nontechnical stakeholders, and the ability to make critical decisions are a requirement to be successful in this position.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, data analytics or a related field;
- 2 – 4 years of experience using reporting tools such as Tableau, SAS, SSRS, or other industry standard reporting tools
- 2 – 4 years of experience with data warehousing
- 2 – 4 years of experience with query writing using SQL
- Ability to create interactive dashboards, complex calculated fields, aggregates and filters
- Experience developing detailed technical documentation as well as documentation for end users
- Experience facilitating design sessions with technical and non-technical users
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of data privacy, practices and laws;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to present ideas in a userfriendly language;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, and in writing;
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented and a team player.
- Experience with various ETL platforms, ideally including Informatica Cloud.
- Hands on experience with AWS, particularly the data management tools (Redshift, Aurora, Glue, etc.)
- Experience with report writing in Tableau, or other similar data visualization tools.
Additional information: this position does not provide sponsorship for visas.
Physical demands: sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Best consideration date: 02/22/2021 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/80970