Senior Manager of Donor Engagement and Experience
1 day left
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Senior Manager of Donor Engagement and Experience (DXE) works as part of a high-performing, donor-centered Development team responsible for achieving American Forests’ leadership-level annual giving goals. The DXE is responsible for developing personal relationships with a portfolio of current, former and prospective annual giving donors that result in renewed or increased support to American Forests. Using email, phone, social media and video conferencing outreach tools, the DXE stewards donors, provides information that deepens their understanding and connection to American Forests’ mission and solicits individuals for annual gifts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS: Applicants should have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, be comfortable making direct solicitations in person, by phone, video conference or in writing and exercise keen attention to detail. We are seeking a collaborative team player as well as someone able to juggle multiple projects and work streams. Required skills include:
- knowledge of nonprofit fundraising, including planned giving and events coordination
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- strong collaboration and organizational skills
- strategic, hardworking and able to work with a high degree of flexibility in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- adept at using email, social media, text, phone and video conferencing to communicate with donors
- skilled at navigating and using databases; familiarity with CRM systems and entering contact reports
- familiarity with basic prospect research using cloud-based platforms
- experience managing outside vendor relationships, as needed
- proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other organizational management tools
- provide excellent customer service and create strong relationships with donors and colleagues
- comfortably solicit donors
- articulate a strong and compelling case for support on behalf of American Forests’ priority programs in order to find strong alignment with the interests and philanthropic priorities of the donor
- apply creative and entrepreneurial thinking, while applying sound judgment and conducting oneself with integrity
- handle interpersonal relationships maturely, thoughtfully and empathetically, including the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- handle confidential material responsibly and interact professionally with a wide spectrum of individuals
- be fluent in the “menu” of engagement and philanthropic opportunities across the organization to inform conversations and solicitations
- prioritize effectively
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The majority of work is performed in a general office environment. This position is based in Washington, D.C., but can be remote, with regular visits to the office.
1. Individual Giving Support (70%)
- Build and manage a portfolio of 500+ current, lapsed and prospective leadership annual giving donors. Cultivate relationships with these donors via email, phone, social media, video conferencing, texting and other forms of personal engagement.
- Execute monthly and quarterly touchpoints, averaging 50+ outbound touchpoints per week across the individual giving portfolio to ensure consistent and relevant donor communication.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Philanthropy and other relevant colleagues across the organization, help create authentic engagement opportunities, including designing online and in-person opportunities for donors to connect with our mission.
- Solicit donors to make new gifts, renew or upgrade. Promote philanthropic opportunities, such as membership, unrestricted leadership-level gifts, and other organizational giving priorities.
- Demonstrate to donors the impact of their giving. Provide information on developments and programs relative to their interests.
- Coordinate with the Director of Major Gifts and the Senior Manager of Gifts Processing on the various acknowledgement letters and processes, and alert the Director and VP of donations that should be flagged or relationships that should be further developed.
- Collaborate with Development colleagues to respond effectively to donor emails, voicemails and other inquires.
- Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email box and respond to donor inquiries or forward on to the appropriate colleague.
- Meet and exceed clearly defined activity, donor and revenue retention and reactivation goals: 80% Donor Retention Rate; 100% Revenue Retention Rate; 100+ Reactivated Donors
2. Planned Giving (20%)
- Assist the Vice President of Philanthropy in recruiting and managing members of the Evergreen Society, our planned giving program
- Design and implement membership benefits for Evergreen Society members
- Track membership and documentation of bequest or beneficiary designation intentions and commitments
3. Miscellaneous/Administrative (10%)
- Enter contact reports for all donor interactions, whether by phone, email or text.
- Identify and troubleshoot challenges to donors’ online giving and engagement experience and work with appropriate colleagues to address.
- Identify potential major gift prospects and forward these to the Vice President of Development and the Director of Major Gifts, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the email address provided. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and position will remain posted until filled.
Apply for Senior Manager of Donor Engagement and Experience
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly