Senior Accountant (Revenue Recognition)
The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager to oversee revenue recognition and reconciliation of general ledger accounts. They will collaborate with Program Financial Analyst, Program Managers, and Contract Manager to set up projects, invoice customers, collect receivables, analyze unbilled receivables, reconcile billed vs. revenued activity, and, as required, provide ad-hoc support and analyses. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable with government contract types (Cost plus fixed fee, T&M, FFP, Hybrid, and Cooperative Agreements) related to billing and revenue recognition.
- Leads project kick-off meetings to identify contract-specific invoicing, revenue, and reporting requirements
- Creates and maintains assigned projects in Costpoint based on project requirements and in compliance with the Company’s set up rules to ensure the proper recognition and recording of revenue based on the contract terms/deliverables
- Performs monthly reconciliations of billed/unbilled vs. revenued activity. Researches and resolves unexplained reconciling items. Notifies supervisor of significant, reconciling items that remain unresolved for extended periods
- Maintains financial reporting schedules (quarterly/semi-annually/annually) per award agreements and prepares all federal and funder required financial reporting and support, (SF 425 and FFR 9130) in coordination with program managers and subgrantees; prepares monthly drawdown packages (subgrantees/agency billings); processes monthly subgrantees disbursements
- Compares actual project expenses against contract terms and conditions and the Federal Acquisition Regulations for accuracy (POP, funding, billing rates, labor categories, un-allowable expenses). Identifies errors and issues (incorrect project setups, misclassified expenses) and notifies the Finance Lead to correct
- Takes lead in resolving issues with international accounting staff and provides proper guidance and advice for successful accounting practices to our field offices
- Participates in the month-end closing with entries, reconciliations, and reporting
- Prepares schedules and work with external auditors during annual audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of work experience in Accounting
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage various workflows
- Experience with U.S. Government contracts and Cooperative Agreements and FAR
- Compliance Driven
- U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) references.