Subcontract and Procurement Specialist
The Subcontract and Procurement Specialist is responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of procurement activities, ensuring that those activities uphold CRDF Global policy and best practices in all aspects of procurement and subcontract implementation. The Subcontract and Procurement Specialist is required to have an enhanced knowledge and training on the principles, concepts and methodology of procurement and subcontract implementation and demonstrated skill in applying this knowledge to many different and unrelated project activities.
While standard operating procedures are available, the Subcontract and Procurement Specialist applies a range of policies, procedures and best practices to develop implementation plans, evaluate compliance and resolve recurring issues. The position requires initiative and resourcefulness in occasionally deviating from traditional methods, analyzing trends and patterns to propose new procedures, and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Oversees a portfolio of procurement and subcontract activities with medium-high complexity; performs pre-contract reviews, prepares implementation plans, issues and negotiates subcontract agreements, coordinates with internal and external stakeholders, ensures subcontractor compliance with policies and procedures and maintains agreement files
- Provides comprehensive financial monitoring, including the review and approval of subcontractor payment requests and expense reconciliations
- Recommends policy or procedural improvements that will improve the efficiency or effectiveness of procurement and subcontract administration, including the creation of forms and report templates for internal use
- Represents the team or department in internal events, teams or activities
- Provides high quality, timely support to internal and external clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Field
- 3+ years of experience in procurement or subcontract management required; 5+ years preferred
- Experience with subcontracting or procurement under a US Government funded prime agreement
- Experience operating in an international program environment
- Experience with FAR, AIDAR, and 2 CFR 200 preferred
- Field-specific training or certifications preferred
- Customer service experience and effective communication skills, including experience working with international partners
- Ability to utilize MS Excel and to prepare financial reports and statistical analysis
- Strong critical thinking and analysis, planning and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to adapt quickly to new challenges
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) references.