Ice Rink Assistant Facility Manager
Ice Rink Assistant Facility Manager (14882, Grade 18)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY: $47,692.00 - $81,607.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 01/19/21 CLOSING DATE: 03/02/21 11:59 PM
THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation, a nationally recognized and award-winning parks department is seeking an Assistant Facility Manager for the Tucker Road Ice Rink in our Aquatics & Athletics Facilities Division. The successful candidate will provide facility management, maintenance and operations support for a multi-functional Tucker Road Ice Rink. The incumbent will be responsible for applying technical expertise with the development and management of diverse sporting, recreation, and cultural programs. Managers at this level are required to have a high degree of specialized knowledge and expertise with ice facilities and ice quality maintenance.
This position provides facility management, programmatic, and supervisory support to an ice rink complex within the Aquatics, Athletics and Facilities Division. This position will monitor and assist with the oversight of day-to-day operations of the Tucker Road Ice Rink. The position will also assist in the development and implementation of operational goals and procedures. Leads the physical operation of the ice plant and has the working knowledge of all the facility operations. In addition, this position oversees and manages the figure skating program, including implementation of goals, objectives and day to day operations. Effectively plans and supervises multiple competitions, exhibitions, annual ice show; creates and administers operational/procedural-based trainings for staff and volunteers; develops procedures for program and/or facility operations as needed. Train all new on-ice staff with respect to on-ice program delivery, camps and special programs.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES:
1. Assist with the development of programs, maintenance, & operational procedures for the ice rink;
2. Assist with budget control and management;
3. Assists with preparing quarterly/annual budget projects;
4. Provides guidance to subordinate staff on employee-related matters (i.e. disciplinary, training, recruitment, and selections);
5. Assists with the oversight of the management of all maintenance issues relating to the facilities operation. (Ice plant, HVAC, cooling towers, Zamboni's, fire systems, energy systems, etc.);
6. Communicate with various cross-functional team within the department and in other divisions to administer various programs and procedures;
7. Ability to choreograph and direct ice-skating shows and competitions throughout the year including individual, small group and large group numbers
8. Previous coaching/teaching in skating programs is preferred. Knowledge of United States Figure Skating Association's Basic Skills program format. Skill in managing large groups of skaters (i.e. youth / mixed ages).
9. Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions; investigates, analyzes and resolves facility problems and complaints; 10. Ensure facility cleanliness & readiness as well as proper staffing levels for daily operations and for any special events; 11. Attends appropriate planning, organization, and other event and facility meetings in support of the facility management; 12. Other duties and special projects, as assigned
CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS THE BELOW PREFERRED SKILLS:
A minimum 3 years' experience in the operations and/or management of ice arena facilities with at least 1 years in a supervisory capacity; experience supporting programs efforts preferred supplemented by minimum of one (1) to three (3) years' experience in figure skating programming direction and supervision. Certifications / Memberships: Professional certification(s) and/or active membership in a professional association desirable such as: USFSA Member, Safesport Compliant, PSA Member and Learn to Skate USA Membership. Knowledge and skills with computers and software (Outlook, Word, and Excel). In addition, certifications in Ice Arena Management, Operations, or Programming issued by NARCE, iAIM, STAR, or ORFA preferred; self-starter with ability assist the Facility Manager in analyzing situations along with assisting with developing solutions to problems with minimal supervision. Strong organizations skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
Salary commensurate with experience
All interested applicants must submit an application to our website for consideration www.mncppc.org/jobs.