Vice President, Government Relations & Advocacy
The National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization dedicated to research, advocacy, and patient and medical education as we work toward a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and support those impacted by psoriatic disease. The NPF is seeking an experienced individual as our Vice President, Government Relations & Advocacy.
The Vice President, Government Relations & Advocacy will oversee the Foundation’s mission-related efforts in government relations and advocacy. This position will be responsible for directing the overall supervision, planning, organization, and coordination of all aspects of the Foundation’s advocacy program, including oversight of the advocacy network.
- Lead and direct federal and state advocacy efforts to break down barriers to care for people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and advance efforts toward a cure
- Develop strong relationships and serve as the main point of contact on the Foundation’s advocacy efforts with key volunteers, government leaders, and partners
- In collaboration with Research & Medical Programs staff, develop and maintain relationships with federal agencies with oversight of programs and initiatives impacting the psoriatic disease community (including NIH, CDC, FDA, CMS, DoD and others)
- Develop and lead efforts to maintain and grow NPF’s congressional contacts
- Represents the Foundation at national meetings related to issues that will further the advocacy agenda for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Serve as NPF advocacy representative on Coalitions of which the NPF is a member
- Collaborate with other mission-related functions of the organization, and ensure proper coordination with senior management with respect to government affairs in order to integrate the Foundation’s advocacy efforts in all products and services
- Oversee NPF lobbying efforts, including maintaining lobbying reporting
- Develop and support new NPF advocacy initiatives
This leader will be a high-energy, strategic thinker with proven leadership and communication skills, significant managerial experience, and well-developed advocacy skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required/advanced degree in law, political science, public administration, public policy, or other mission-related field preferred
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience in public policy/advocacy fields
- Demonstrated ability to work with federal and/or state government officials, including senior administration officials, Members of Congress, Governors, federal agency officials, state legislative leadership
- Experience managing lobbying reporting and filing processes
- Organizational leadership and management experience, the ability to motivate others to advance organizational and professional goals, the ability to effectively manage multiple projects or roles in a rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships and strategic alliances; a proven ability to work in coalition
- A strong track record of planning and implementing successful lobbying and grassroots programs or comparable projects to achieve national program goals
- Demonstrated ability to develop, recommend and execute strategies for accomplishing strategic legislative objectives
- Experience in developing and managing budgets, including budget analysis, budget forecasting and planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively develop and communicate information to key audiences including volunteer leaders, legislators, consumers, industry and healthcare professionals
Please forward a cover letter with salary requirement and your resume to: Human Resources, National Psoriasis Foundation, Link: https://www.psoriasis.org/about-us/jobs, 6600 SW 92nd Ave, Ste 300 Portland, OR 97223, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.