Engineer V - Sr. Project Manager, Stormwater
Job Title: Engineer V - Sr. Project Manager, Stormwater
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Department Group: Water Enginerring
Job Category: Professional
Duty Locations: Washington, DC/Baltimore, MD
Travel Required: Minimal
Level/ Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Position Type: Full time
November 17, 2020
Position Expires: Open Until Filled
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
Subject Line: Engineer V – SSPM
PEER Consultants, P.C.
Attn: Human Resources
409 12th Street SW, Suite 603
Washington, DC. 20024
The Engineer V/Sr. Project Manager will help to acquire stormwater related projects, provide engineering services, manage technical teams and engineering design and construction management projects. This position will be responsible for the completion and deliverables of multiple concurrent projects ranging in size and complexity. Other than as needed technical support and/or guidance, supervision is largely administrative with assignments given in broad terms concerning objectives and limitations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• In coordination with supervisor, has responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
• Serve as a technical liaison to individuals within and outside of the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters relating to the individual’s field of expertise.
• Represent the company at professional association meetings and serve on professional committees.
• Plan and develop engineering projects, some with unique complexities. This involves exploration of the subject area, definition of the scope, selection of areas for investigation and at times development of novel concepts.
• Provide expertise and client support, which will include but not be limited to:
o Development and/or review and assessment of Stormwater Management Plans
o Development and/or review and assessment of stormwater best management practices (BPMs)
o Project design level and community planning level stormwater hydraulic modeling
o Project level and community level stormwater system design including green infrastructure design
o Stormwater system permitting
o Stormwater system bid package development, bid support and engineering services during construction
• Manage the work of one or more multi-disciplinary project teams of engineers, scientists, and/or technicians.
• Train and mentor junior engineers.
• Assist in primarily stormwater related business development activities including lead tracking, proposal preparation, presentations/interviews and teaming arrangements.
• Ensure that company quality standards are adhered to and maintained.
• Ensure that teams comply with applicable safety rules and regulations.
• Assume other related responsibilities from time to time, as required.
Knowledge, Education & Experience: (Minimum education, experience, technical and communication skill levels and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
• Must have a minimum of 6 years of stormwater engineering design and construction management experience.
• Must have staff development, management and mentoring experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft 365 applications, a well as in technology and applications used in the engineering design and construction management profession for problem solving, tracking and analysis, etc.
• Must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
• Professional Engineer license is required.
• Project Management Professional certification is preferred.
• Stream restoration, environmental permitting, green infrastructure and other relevant certifications, training and/or experience is desired.
• Experience providing stormwater services on transportation projects is a plus.
• Personal smart phone is required.
Working Conditions: (Typical working conditions associated with this type of work and environmental hazards, if any, that may be encountered in performing the duties of this position.)
Internal: Work is normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment. No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of internal job duties.
External: There is local travel to project sites and client offices in New England. Non-local travel is typically less than a week in duration. Visits to construction sites require the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Physical Demands: (The physical effort generally associated with this position.)
Work may involve lifting and carrying, over short distances, packages, documents, laptop computers, and other equipment weighing less than 50 pounds. Visits to project sites involve standing and walking but most office duties may be performed from a seated position.
Competitive salaries, statutory benefits and participation in a 401(k) retirement plan. Full time employees are offered an excellent employee benefits package, including comprehensive health benefits and insurance.
PEER Consultants, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.