Human Resources Business Process Analyst III
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Business Process Analyst III
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Business Process Analyst III. This position under limited supervision of the Supervisor, Business Systems Support, provides support of automated solutions and associated business processes. Serves as the critical link between the user department and IT staff – ensuring user requirements are understood, communicated, and acted upon appropriately. Support provided includes serving as an expert-level knowledge resource for system end users; monitoring system operations and performance; troubleshooting system problems; and identifying, designing, and implementing resolutions to system problems and enhancements.
Essential functions include:
- Production Support
- Leverage SAP experience and knowledge to support best practices with proven understanding of process integration within the SAP landscape
- Identifies, analyzes, and defines system and process problems, documenting the requirements of all involved groups.
- Recommends and implements problem resolutions, whether a system change request, software upgrade request, business work-around, or business process change.
- Provide Production support as well as end user documentation and training on new features
- Serves as an expert system and process knowledge resource.
- Monitors and analyzes business operations and system performance, including multiple systems.
- System Maintenance
- Keeps up-to-date on system features and upgrades.
- Performs short- and long-term technology planning and assessments of the impact of technology upgrades.
- Evaluates and recommends system enhancements.
- Develops functional specifications for system enhancements and modifications.
- Designs processes, reports, forms, and system features, obtaining the appropriate approvals from the management of affected departments.
- Implements and maintains system configuration to support functional designs.
- Serves as the Project Manager on large, complex systems development projects or complex enhancements to existing systems.
- Provides training, guidance, and assistance to less experienced Business Analysts.
- Performs systems acquisition and contract management by:
- Assisting in the development of requests for proposals and in the evaluation of responses.
- Monitoring contract performance and writing technical reports as needed.
- Possession of an associate’s degree in information systems, computer science, business, or related field; and 6 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment or possession of a bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business, or related field; and four 4 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment; or possession of a master’s degree in information systems, computer science, business, or related field; and 2 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment, and/or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and knowledge.
- At least five (5) years SAP HCM configuration experience with Human Resources Administration, Organizational Management, Benefits, Time Management, Gross to Net Payroll, BSI Tax Factory, Employee Self-Service and Manager Self-Service
- At lease five (5) years of SAP HCM Production Support including routine maintenance and systems change requests
- Deep understanding of SAP Time and Payroll schemas
- SAP Production Support and Implementation/Upgrade Experience
- Understanding of ABAP, workflow and authorizations desired
- Experience with HCM integration points with Finance, Project Systems and Plant Maintenance desired
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $83,336.45 to $136,524.13 per annum. Applications must be received by January 28, 2021 no later than 4:30PM.