Market Research and Consulting Assistant
Heart+Mind Strategies is seeking to hire an entry-level individual who is excited to begin a career in market research, strategy and consulting!
Through their support of all phases of qualitative and quantitative research projects, our solutions assistants are vital members of each client team. As an assistant, you will learn how to accurately and efficiently execute all components of research projects, including, but not limited to: ensuring quality throughout the project lifecycle; creation of compelling and graphically pleasing deliverables; secondary research and project coordination and management.
Characteristics of wildly successful employees at Heart+Mind:
- Performance-driven, self-sacrificing hard workers who are tenacious regarding error-free, thoughtful and timely completion of work;
- Unconventional, critical, creative, fresh thinkers who collaborate with others;
- Inherent troubleshooters and problem solvers;
- Proactively undertake new opportunities quickly, enthusiastically and without trepidation;
- Compulsive dedication to quality and process improvement;
- Inquisitive and curious, willing to ask questions and wanting to understand the “why” behind processes, decisions, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and implement key time-management skills in high-demand settings and exceed expectations by prioritizing tasks and completing assignments ahead of schedule.
We are hiring for two positions. One will support our wide range of corporate/non-profit client work (technology, financial services, travel and tourism, Pharma, associations, etc.) and the second will support our public policy book of business which focuses on free-market and conservative organizations and goals. Heart+Mind Strategies works with several non-profit policy organizations but does not work directly for any political party or candidate for elected office.
The following background/experience is desirable upon hire:
- Academic background in the liberal arts or social sciences (e.g., statistics, sociology, demography) marketing, or communications
- Strong analytical orientation with a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize data
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (including PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Internship or some professional work experience preferred
If interested in the policy team, needs to be well-versed in free-market and conservative policy positions and recommendations and comfortable working to persuade people to embrace them
If you are interested in taking starting or continuing your career with us, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Heart+Mind Strategies is a research-based consultancy headquartered in Reston, VA. They deploy teams of researchers working with strategic planners to unpack how humans make decisions. They strengthen their client’s ability to motivate and persuade the hearts and minds of the people that matter most to their success.