Peterson Institute for International Economics (PIIE)
Position: IT Manager
Supervisor: VP for Operations and Chief Technology Officer
Updated: January 4, 2020, 2016
Status: Full-time Exempt
The IT Manager is responsible for the daily management of all Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure, helpdesk requests, project work, assisting with ICT budget management and software and hardware lifecycles. This position coordinates with outside consultants to ensure the highest quality solutions for the Institute’s ICT systems. The position also provides technical support for the Institute’s events and media interviews in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
a)Information Technology Support Services (80%)
- Research, Architect, Implement and Support legacy, current and future ICT solutions.
- Manage Azure AD and Office 365 for accounts, Email, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection and other O365 services.
- Administer and develop advancements within Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
- Oversee notification and implementation of IT Security recommendations and best practices.
- Assist Institute staff by performing helpdesk duties on a variety of end user requests.
- Implement, update and refresh software and provision hardware by corresponding life cycles.
- Coordinate with outside IT vendors on routine troubleshooting and project work.
- Managed ICT Inventory by means of resupply supply orders, Software licensing, Hardware procurement and miscellaneous required acquisitions.
- Provide support for multi-function printer, scanner, copier devices.
- Provide prompt support during off-hours for remote computing needs of staff.
- Ensure all client software is updated to the most secure, efficient versions possible.
- Set up & breakdown equipment for presentations, conference calls and video teleconferences.
b)Meetings & Media Related Services (20%)
- Working with Events Staff, ensure successful live events by providing required technical services needed for smooth event operations.
- Provide support for fellows connecting to various media and 3rd parties for meetings and or events.
- Assist event speakers with operation of presentations.
- Provide backup support for TV and radio media interviews held in our two studios.
- Strong customer relations skills; able to interact with internal customers effectively by phone, email, and in person.
- Requires 2+ years’ experience managing Office 365 and Microsoft Azure platforms.
- 2 years’ experience in managing Cisco and Meraki route/switch, Meraki Wireless, Sonicwall firewall, Cisco and Azure VPN and VOIP/SIP networking protocols.
- Preferred experience in Security solutions such as Cloudflare, Azure Sentinel, DNS Umbrella, SonicWall, Cisco ASA, MS Advanced Threat Protection and Webroot AV.
- Plan and perform routine maintenance that may or may not have end user impact.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred.
- Certifications in Microsoft Azure Fundamentals or Microsoft 365 Fundamentals preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows administration, maintenance and troubleshooting. A solid background in Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively prioritizing various concurrent projects.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to both troubleshoot complex desktop issues and involve our partner IT consultants as the situation may demand.
- Previous experience with developing budgets and managing ICT budgets is a plus.
Currently, the majority of Institutes staff is working remotely. We expect the IT manager will want to work remotely in the current environment. When the Institute returns to a normal onsite workplace, the work environment is a moderately open one with a combination of cubicles and offices. The noise level is generally quiet. The office, lavatories and building are all handicapped accessible. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monday thru Friday - 40 hours per week. Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business.
** Applicants - Please include salary range in your cover letter**
** Applicants - Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply for IT Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly