Government Contract Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Government Contract Manager
Headquarters - Walter Reed, WASHINGTON, DC, US
Housing Up is a non- profit that builds thriving communities in Washington, DC by developing affordable housing and offering comprehensive support services to homeless and low-income families. Housing Up was founded in 1990 as a homeless services organization serving 13 families. After 29 years in operation, Housing Up now serves more than 700 low-income families through a variety of housing programs and owns/operates 372 units of affordable housing. Housing Up's headquarters are in the Brightwood (Ward 4) neighborhood of Northwest DC.
Under the supervision of the Director of Government Contracts, the Government Contracts Managers assists in preparation of government contract proposals, letters of intent, funding reports, and monthly invoicing. Monitor contract performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements. Be prepared as necessary to serve across functions toward fulfillment of department goals.
• Assists with grant proposals in response to local and federal government RFPs for program funding
• Works the Director of Government Contracts, COO , and program staff to coordinate proposal narratives and budgets
• Prepares monthly spending report for distribution to key staff
• Monitors contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements
• Assists in preparation of monthly grant invoices, including payroll reports, rental payment reports, and organizing invoice supporting documentation
• Assists with submission of all contract deliverables annually and with as-needed updates
• Supports annual organizational audit and random contract audits
• Special projects as assigned
DUCATIONAL & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum two (2) years of grant invoicing or public funding experience required
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet deadlines
• Capable of professionally managing confidential information
• Proficiency in MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong communication skills to include effective written, listening and interpersonal skills, and ability to build and maintain internal/external relationships
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Housing Up offers a competitive salary & benefits package including health insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, telework opportunities and commuter benefits.