The Leasing Manager at The Courtyards at UMD (part of University of Maryland affiliated housing) is a full-time position that is responsible for coordinating the community’s marketing and leasing for a garden style community of approximately 700 upperclassmen UMD students.
- Leads leasing events such as information sessions, tours, tabling’s, and other leasing events (availability after work hours/weekends is necessary for special events).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market conditions and competitors.
- Work collaboratively and maintains a positive/helpful relationship with students, parents, university partners, South Campus Commons leasing staff, and COCM corporate staff.
- Works with university partners to ensure all releasing appointments are executed properly.
- Updates re-leasing Google Drive to ensure team members are aware of occupancy changes and communicates via email and in-person as needed with occupancy changes.
- Help implement social media initiatives in coordination with the Associate Director and Assistant Director-Resident Life.
- Directly responsible for all Property Boss/Star Rez data entry of new/current residents to ensure accurate record keeping of student information.
- Conducts occupancy audits of Property Boss/Star Rez.
- Ensures that Property Boss database is correct for monthly installments to be applied to resident’s accounts.
- Assist residents with questions about their resident portal.
- Conducts monthly file audits and during peak seasons daily/weekly file audits to ensure file accuracy.
- Assist with data input for annual marketing plan.
- Directly oversees resident apartment alarm code changes.
- Completes post check-out inspections.
- Contributes content to the Courtyards weekly email update.
- Follows up on all phone calls/emails promptly.
- Works on updating and preparing documents/brochures/forms/website during the Fall semester for the upcoming Spring leasing season.
- Ensures all leases, lease confirmation pages, and guarantor forms have been submitted accurately.
- Provides updated website content.
- Participate and support check-in, check-out preparation as needed in coordination with Associate Director and Assistant Director-Resident Life.
- Provides a weekly report and weekly leasing status report to the Associate Director outlining leasing activity.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate occupancy data to be used for summer turn.
- Other leasing, database, and administrative duties as assigned.