Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new functionalities using Node.js, React, ElasticSearch, and Kibana.
- Maintain and enhance applications built with Cloud First design deployed in AWS
- Play a key role in delivering software solutions for critical application development projects in an Agile environment.
- Remain current on Web development technologies, assess new standards, technologies, and trends, and formulate and recommend strategies and tactics for future platform enhancements.
- Continuously engage with project teams to deliver quality products.
- Develop and update technical documentation including design description, operations manuals, and installation instructions
- Help define, create, test, execute, and document operations procedures.
- Help document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Active Top Secret Clearance or higher
- 14+ years of relative experience in the information technology field
- 10+ years of experience with developing software in a professional setting
- Experience with building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Cloud technologies, especially with AWS
- Experience with asynchronous programming in promises, generators, or callbacks
- Strong Linux environment skills with at least 2 years of experience
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with normalized databases, such as Oracle or MySQL
- Experience with data formats, such as JSON and XML
- Experience with ETL processes and ingestion or large amount of data
- Hands on experience with AWS C2S
- Experience in the architecture and implementation of medium-to-large distributed computing environments.
- Experience/knowledge of software and system optimization, helping to remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Experience with maintaining full stack application with modern technologies, intuitive user-interfaces and scalable data processing architectures using open source software
Perks of working at NetImpact Strategies:
- Your health comes first – we offer comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance that starts the first of the month after you join the team
- Invest in your future – 401(k) Plan – Immediately vested employer contributions; no matching required
- Work hard, play hard – we offer a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy and observe ALL ten (10) federal holidays
- Pawsitively pawesome – Pet Insurance (because our little critters are part of our families, too!)
- Invest in your education – Tuition reimbursement, internal training programs, & company-sponsored industry certifications
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative work environment recently ranked by The Washington Post as a Top Workplace in 2019 & 2020!
- Have fun and celebrate and give back – Team building activities, community volunteering, quarterly HQ days, & an offsite annual awards banquet
NetImpact Strategies specializes in Strategy and Business Transformation, IT Modernization, Data-Driven Intelligence, Cloud Services, and Cybersecurity. We are a team of skilled Consultants who listen to our clients’ needs. We design and implement comprehensive, tailored solutions that are both mindful of the client's culture and organizational dynamics. As mission needs change, new priorities emerge, technologies advance, and methodologies evolve; NetImpact stands out as a trusted advisor that can solve the challenges of today while looking for the opportunities of tomorrow. Our professionals stay abreast of these changes to provide agile, outcome-focused results for federal agency strategic and tactical needs. Approaching engagements as a partner, we provide solutions that empower our clients to achieve results that align with their mission and strategic vision.
NetImpact Strategies is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is NetImpact’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, NetImpact will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made NetImpact aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause undue hardship to NetImpact. If you are an applicant and need reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within NetImpact or request reasonable accommodation to utilize NetImpact’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetImpact is committed to the development of a creative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NetImpact will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NetImpact does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws (referred to as "protected status").