Manager, Mailing List Sales
The person in this position is responsible for ASHA’s direct-mail list and commercial solution center sales, e-blast services (Corporate Partners and NSSLHA Advantage) and the advancement of ASHA’s direct-mail list program. This individual works in a collaborative team environment with Association colleagues to ensure efficient and effective strategies to achieve sales and marketing goals using various technology platforms including Excel, netFORUM, and Salesforce.com. The individual should have strong technical abilities; strong relationship management and sales skills, and the ability and willingness to foster collaboration, value other perspectives, and gain support/buy-in through excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail is critical, along with the ability to establish metrics and measure program effectiveness. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is proficient at working within a matrixed environment.
- Selling direct mail lists and digital marketing opportunities in the commercial solution center (online buyers guide).
- Coordinating the fulfilment of direct-mail lists and other ASHA products sold using Information Systems list-cutting systems and related technology, Salesforce.com, Excel, and internal CRM (netFORUM).
- Having the ability and desire to make cold calls and employ targeted and comprehensive marketing efforts to increase sales.
- Providing a high level of customer care and support to build long-lasting relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Thinking strategically and generating ideas to maximize sales as client needs evolve.
- Maintaining and updating data, sales and marketing tracking and measurement reports through Salesforce.com and providing regular updates to management.
- Informing marketing efforts for e-mail and direct-mail campaigns to increase overall sales.
- Evaluating and making program recommendations for new revenue opportunities.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree
- 2–4 years of related experience in a B2B sales position
- 2–4 years of Salesforce.com experience (preferred)
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems with list-cutting tools
- Experience working in groups and leading teams
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Must be able to demonstrate an advanced degree of proficiency in MS Office 365 products (Word, Excel including Pivot tables, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams) netFORUM, and Salesforce.com
- Must be able to create data visualizations and familiar with data standards
- Must have experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Must have an affinity for sales and understand what an organization needs in order to be successful in a B2B environment
- Must possess engaging interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to think strategically with strong logistic and execution skills; must have a demonstrated ability to make logical assumptions
- Must be willing to participate in cross-functional teams that address how to increase revenue generation
- Must be able to work in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Must have a high level of professional maturity and be able to work autonomously
- Must be able and willing to travel (1-2 times/year)
- Must be willing to take on additional ad-hoc administrative/managerial/sales duties as needed