Project Leader and Nutrition Educator
Program - Education (SNAP-Ed) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Cecil and Kent Counties with emphasis on reaching food supplement (stamp) recipients. The position will be housed in the Kent County Extension office in Chestertown, MD
• Serve as Project Leader for Cecil and Kent Counties SNAP-Ed Project.
• Develop the SNAP-Ed annual proposal with input from collaborators.
• Manage SNAP-Ed project budget, including tracking and documenting expenditures.
• Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants in Cecil and Kent Counties.
• Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi-level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
• Use SNAP-Ed evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
• Attend SNAP-Ed staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.