Program Assistant, Field Operations
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
Responsibilities: This Program Assistant provides administrative and program support to two departments at AMIDEAST’s Washington D.C. Headquarters: Field Operations and Exchange Programs. For the Field Operations responsibilities, the PA will serve as a key link between the organization’s Headquarter and its network of offices located through the Middle East and North Africa regions. The PA will conduct research on technical areas and activities in education, workforce development, English language training, and institutional development initiatives in the MENA region. The PA will also design and develop documentation and management tools and templates to support standardization of field operations support and data. In addition, the PA will provide support to a portfolio of sponsored student exchange programs funded by the U.S. Government, host country governments, and foundations, as well as AMIDEAST’s proprietary programs. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research on AMIDEAST’s presence countries in areas such as demographics, economic trends, GDP, GNI, consumer prices, and political developments and policies
- Write assigned sections of proposals such as organizational capabilities, staffing, and consultant resumes
- Research and prepare associated briefings about conferences and education and training events in the US and in the MENA region
- Develop and implement a system for monitoring utilization of field office facilities – especially meeting and training rooms and computer labs
- Prepare presentations for the VP of Field Operations as well as provide backstopping support while the VP is traveling
- Prepare reports on political, social, and economic issues and develop meeting schedules for field office staff visits to headquarters
- Handle a variety of administrative functions that support the field operations department
- Recruit consultants for specific projects and initiatives.
- Assist in tracking and monitoring the well-being, academic progress, immigration status and documentation compliance of the students
- Making scheduled payments to U.S. institutions and students; providing financial tracking of individual students and projects
- Making travel arrangements for incoming/departing participants and organizing pre-departure orientations
- Enrolling and maintaining participants on various health insurance programs
- Inputting and maintaining computer records on AMIDEAST database
- Corresponding with students, field offices, and U.S. institutions
- Providing general administrative tasks, including preparing minutes of meetings and phone calls; drafting student program agreements, release forms, and sponsorship letters; preparing couriers and packages.
- Representing AMIDEAST and the Exchange Programs department at, university visits and special events as needed Assisting with compiling information/data for various reports
- Handling special activities, duties, and assignments, as required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, International Affairs, Middle East Studies, Education, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to handle issues with diplomacy and discretion
- 1-2 years of work experience with an international company/organization
- Working knowledge of Arabic and/or French
- Prior academic or work experience in the Arab world
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation