Senior Medical Writer Editor
(c) Management Inc. is an association management company with 19 oncology related clients. The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) is the largest, national client that serves to provide education and advocacy for the multidisciplinary team. We are currently seeking a Senior Medical Writer/Editor to join our dynamic team of professionals!
The Senior Medical Writer/Editor position requires advanced writing and editing skills that include the ability to translate complex clinical, programmatic, business, and policy issues into clear, concise prose accessible to a multidisciplinary audience of healthcare professionals—both clinical and non-clinical. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor creates original content as well as providing rewriting, substantive editing, and copyediting for a variety of internal and external clients. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor provides writing and editing support for content that includes, but is not limited to, clinical and programmatic reports, white papers, peer-reviewed journal articles, proceedings, websites, blogs, posters, and other print and digital collateral. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor will report to the Director, Editorial Content & Strategy.
In addition, the Senior Medical Writer/Editor assists the Editorial Content & Strategy team with strategic curation and repurposing of existing materials, and with planning, support, and coordination of cross-platform content for both corporate and client websites.
Excellent writing, editing, communication, and organization skills are essential to creating content for a multidisciplinary healthcare audience and to manage simultaneous projects and competing deadlines. Most projects require cross-departmental collaboration as well as frequent contact with healthcare professionals. Some travel to attend meetings and make author contacts will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Education: Review and edit Development proposals for clinical education projects; Participate in education project kick-off meetings and Advisory Committee calls as needed; Onboard outside writing consultants for education projects to ensure written deliverables meet project goals and client needs; Write, rewrite, and edit (substantive and copyedit), a variety of client deliverables; Prepare session summaries and reports as assigned; Provide clinical writing, editing, and/or review support as needed to Medical Director.
- Website: Work with Editorial Content & Strategy, Provider Education, and Marketing and Communications teams to develop, write, and/or update education project pages; Update, write, edit, and curate clinical and non-clinical website content as needed.
- Journal: Write, review, and/or edit ACCC education articles for publication in the journal; Author follow-up and sign-off for ACCC education articles as assigned; Review and edit other clinical articles as assigned; Idea and lead generation for feature articles; Provide editing/writing/proofreading support for the client’s bi-monthly journal as needed.
- Flagship Meetings: Write, review, and/or edit education project-related content at ACCC meetings to include session descriptions, blogs, presentation slide decks, etc.; Provide clinical writing, editing, and/or review support as needed (i.e., for ASCO Direct™ programming); Prepare session summaries and reports as needed, with an emphasis on education project-related content.
- Blog: Work with Provider Education Project Managers to assign, write, edit, and/or review blogs for education projects; Work with Blog Editor to maintain blog calendar and meet assigned deliverable dates; Other support as needed, including idea and lead generation.
- Podcast/Webcast: Provide support as needed to education project-related podcasts and webcasts, including idea and lead generation.
- Work with client committees as assigned.
- Actively participate in assigned CORE Group.
- Assist and support other CMI activities, staff, and clients to maintain an informed, efficient, and timely workflow.
- Oncology Advanced Practitioner (PharmD, NP, CNS, PA), RN, MSN, PhD with 5+ years of professional experience in oncology therapeutics, oncology management services, oroncology-specific education development.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in medical/health writing and editing, including clinical content and review; project management; and writing for digital media.
- Familiarity with Chicago style and proofreader marks.
- Experience with an LMS (learning management system), CMS (content management system), and aptitude for learning other digital platforms as needed.
- Ability to work well with multiple staff, clients, and vendors to meet deadlines, handle a diverse workload, and produce high-quality materials.
- Communicates effectively with team members, as well as healthcare professionals including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, administrators, and vendors.
- Demonstrates creative abilities and initiative in collaboration with other staff. S/he should be team oriented as well as have the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of oncology and healthcare policy, preferred.
(c ) Management, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability, and a Health Saving Account Plan. Paid vacation, sick, and personal days, holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, a Tuition Reimbursement benefit, free parking and more! For consideration, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary expectations to: HR@c-managementinc.com.