Human Resources Analyst I
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Human Resources Analyst I
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Analyst I. Under general supervision this position provides consultation to customers on HR Programs and supports activities and projects. Work assignments may include some of the following areas: benefits employee relations, recruitment and employment, compensation, policy writing, and training.
Essential functions include:
- Provides assistance and consults with supervisors on employee relations activities:
- Drafts disciplinary actions that include written warning letters and other employee relations correspondence.
- Prepares confidential correspondence and internal documentation.
- Reviews and consults with supervisors on employee performance evaluations.
- Participates in employment investigations and drafts investigation reports and makes recommendations.
- Coordinates the grievance process timeline and communications.
- Coordinates compensation program activities:
- Compiles data analyzes job classification and salary information and recommends salary and pay plan actions.
- Creates routine and ad hoc reports from HRIS including overtime and compensation reports.
- Completes salary and benefit surveys. Coordinates salary studies with consultants.
- Coordinates the recruitment of assigned positions:
- Works with hiring supervisors to fill position vacancies.
- Reviews and updates job descriptions.
- Reviews interview questions and conduct reference checks and background screenings. Ensures documentation is complete.
- Participates on panel interviews as needed.
- Works with Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Assists with Training activities:
- Assists with supervisory and management training programs as needed.
- Assists in the development of participant training materials including case studies, practice exercise and participant resource guides.
- Provides research and writing of HR Policies
- Assists with revisions to HR Policy Handbook and Administrative procedures Manual.
- Coordinates policy review and administratively supports change process.
- Interprets Human Resources policies to ensure open, fair and consistent application.
- Assists with Benefit programs
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of benefit plans and programs.
- Provide customer service to Fairfax Water retirees by answering questions and making updates in HRIS.
- Assists with new employee orientation as needed.
- Handles unemployment claims and appeals process and provides data and reports information.
- Processes Personnel actions forms in SAP and runs reports as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from a four-year college/university with a bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, and a minimum of three years of experience at a professional level in Human Resources, Business, HRIS or any combination of education and experience.
- Excellent skills using technology related to HR including HRIS, SharePoint and Office 365.
- Demonstrated writing skills and the ability to write succinct and detailed documentation for HR programs and activities.
- Skilled in reviewing and analyzing data using spreadsheets and other software.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $59,414.15 to $97,333.81 per annum. Applications must be received by December 1, 2020 no later than 4:30PM.