Industrial Electrician I/II - Lorton
1 day left
- Full Time
Under close supervision of a Supervisor, and/or Industrial Electrician II/III, provides assistance with the installation, maintenance and repair, electrical and heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC) and controls used in Fairfax Water facilities.
- Assists with the daily electrical operations of Fairfax Water treatment plants, distribution systems, and related pumping facilities to assure its production and reliability of equipment.
- Assists with the completion of new installations and preventive maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Maintains lighting systems and assisting in the maintenance of fire alarm systems.
- Makes frequent inspections of all HVAC equipment to assure proper operation required by the preventive maintenance program.
- Lubricates HVAC components; changing oil and filters, cleaning and dusting coils, fans, motors, condensers and evaporators; checking and calibrating electrical and pneumatic controls in accordance with the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Assists in installing, calibrating, modifying, updating, testing, repairing, rebuilding and replacing all types of HVAC equipment to include: gas and oil-fired commercial boilers, water and fuel feeds, power sources, burners, control circuits, associated components such as electrical wiring and circuits, blowers, air handlers, dehumidifiers, heat pumps, air conditioning units, ducts, thermostats, pumps, piping systems, radiators, and heating and cooling coils, and testing.
- Assists in trouble-shooting, corrective action and repairing of high voltage (13.2 to 4160) and low voltage (480/227 to 120/208) distribution systems.
- Willingness and ability to use and learn the Integrated Enterprise System (SAP).
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from high school or GED and minimum of one year electrical and/or HVAC experience (preferably in an industrial environment), or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- Must successfully complete a four-year electrical apprenticeship program and become a licensed Journeyman Electrician within 5 years of enrollment in the program. Must be enrolled in a four-year Mechanical apprenticeship program or HVAC Mechanical Classes at NVCC.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory, the functions and maintenance of electrical systems, tools and equipment and safety regulations.
- Ability to read and work from drawings and electrical schematics.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC theory and the materials, methods, practices, equipment and tools used in the operation, installation and maintenance of HVAC equipment.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC electrical and electronic control circuits including computerized control systems.
- Obtain Chlorine Fluorine Carbon (CFC) Universal license.
- Must obtain Forklift Certification.
- Must attend Fairfax Water HAZWOPER and First Aid/CPR training.
- Possess skills to have effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Required to work at other Fairfax Water locations as required.
- Ability to work overtime and standby as required.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test. This position is subject to random testing after hire.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to perform heavy manual work under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 75lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from elevated tanks, ladders and scaffolds.
- Ability to distinguish colors of electrical wiring.