As the Financial Analyst, you will assist the Vice President, Finance and the CFO to track and assess financial outputs and services that United Way Worldwide finance division gives to our internal customers and network level to maximize customer satisfaction and create opportunities for efficiency and growth. By measuring and tracking outputs and services, you constantly are looking for opportunities to leverage and re-purpose inefficient operations. In addition, you are responsible for preparing daily cash analysis report by monitoring daily cash balance. Your cash analysis is critical for weekly cash flow projections. You will also assist with financial analysis and reporting.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Group Outputs & Services
- Assist to track and assess outputs and services to customers weekly and monthly by using a report card / dashboard
- Assist to manage productivity, our goal as division is to maximize customer satisfaction and create opportunities for efficiency and growth
- Look for opportunities to leverage and re-purpose inefficient operations
- Support team by helping identifying customer expectations, assist with meetings
- Assist and participate in daily activities of the VP. Finance inside UWW and Network Level like Shared Services Center
- Review and update processes and procedures
Cash & Financial Analysis/Reporting
- Assist and participate in daily activities of the cash management function
- Monitor cash needs with available working capital
- Prepare daily cash balance, prepare weekly cash flow projections, and review weekly Accounts Payable batches for disbursements
- Ensure accuracy of cash balance by month end
- Review and update process and procedures of the Cash and Financial Analysis functions annually
- Support and assist with the monthly financial reporting and financial/business analysis as requested
Other Duties as Assigned
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Three years of experience in accounting or non-profit accounting and business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, excellent customer service skills, solid financial reporting knowledge are all necessary.
- Proficiency with Smartsheets, Great Plains accounting software, Reporting system and Concur is preferred
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
You believe in a culture of inclusive excellence and value the differences that make us each unique. You are professional and kind; curious and passionate about your work; seek a stimulating and rewarding career; and, sincere in your desire to help others. Join our dynamic team and use your talents and ambition to make a difference in the world—help individuals and families achieve their human potential and build stronger communities.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way brings people, organizations, and communities together around a common cause, a common vision, and a common path forward. In many communities, we're the only nonprofit building up the cornerstones of education, financial stability and health—and the only nonprofit bringing people together from all walks of life to be a part of local solutions. We're engaged in nearly 1,800 communities across more than 40 countries and territories, where people are powering big ideas and big action by donating, volunteering and speaking out through United Way.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA with local, remote, and international employment opportunities. Our culture is People First—we take it seriously and, because of that, we take good care of people. How good? We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including tuition assistance and professional development; dress for your day; free onsite parking and gym; wellness programs; volunteering opportunities and leave; and, paid time off (PTO) and paid leave for religious observance, voting, family sick, medical appointment, and, parental/adoption. Additionally, we offer access to comprehensive health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; employee assistance program (EAP); and, a 403(b) plan—it’s a long list. We encourage growth and upward mobility—and want you to succeed in a diverse, inclusive, and ethical workplace. Take action, join our Team—apply now.
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.