Manager of Education
JOB TITLE: Manager of Education
POSITION SUMMARY: This position manages the design, planning, and execution of America’s Essential Hospitals’ education and leadership development programs. As a member of Essential Hospitals Institute—the association’s research, education, dissemination and leadership development arm—this position collaborates with leadership and program staff, in addition to external stakeholders, to develop and implement education content that supports the association’s mission. This position also will engage in identifying opportunities for derivative products or content integration across the organization from new and existing programs.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Innovation/Director of Essential Hospitals Institute
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES*:
· Strategically plan, implement and evaluate association education and leadership development programs using adult learner principles.
· Maintain knowledge of current trends in content delivery, adult learning theories, learning networks, and distance learning technologies.
· Perform duties at the strategic level, as well as at the practical, hands-on level.
· Manages a direct report.
· Facilitate the design and implementation of new and existing leadership development products and educational programs: identifying and working with facilitators and presenters; recruiting participants; writing program descriptions and learner outcomes; and managing budgets, member engagement, invoicing, timelines, and metrics tracking.
· Serve as the primary liaison to members and governance with regard to leadership development programs.
· Assist with managing the education committee.
* The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities that might be inherent in the position. Responsibilities are subject to change.