Program Assistant, Education Abroad
Program Assistant, Education Abroad Programs
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
The Program Assistant reports to the Director of Education Abroad and supports Education Abroad program activity. The Program Assistant is a key link between AMIDEAST Headquarters in Washington, DC and U.S. students, home institutions, and AMIDEAST field office staff members delivering AMIDEAST-sponsored programs in the Middle East and North Africa.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing support for students in the pre-departure phase as well as prospective students as their primary point of contact, including monitoring and answering inquiries. Assistance in the development, maintenance, and updating of pre-departure materials and resources is expected.
- Processing and managing application materials, screening student applications against application criteria, and processing student admissions.
- Managing AMIDEAST Education Abroad promotional travel, including researching study abroad fairs, shipping marketing materials (when applicable), maintaining the reforecast of the promotional budget, and contributing to the development of a long-term marketing strategy.
- Representing AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs at college and university education abroad fairs, virtual events, and in meetings with campus-based education abroad staff and faculty in Arabic and Middle East/North Africa studies.
- Providing backup support for MailChimp and promotional campaigns.
- Providing support for digital marketing and online platforms, including social media, the website, and the blog site.
- Developing AMIDEAST Education Abroad capacities for alumni networking and event planning, in collaboration with other AMIDEAST departments and by using the Localized platform, among other resources.
- Maintaining ongoing collaboration with field office staff regarding designated AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs.
- Providing general administrative support for the department. Includes creating meeting agendas, tracking program documentation, as well as preparing bulk mailings and other correspondence.
- Providing general administrative support regarding syllabi and grades. Includes copy-editing and processing syllabi, coordinating with our School of Record, and collecting and preparing documents related to final grades.
- Streamline data management and assist in the archiving of data.
- Tracking and assisting with the setup of institutional visits to field offices related to Education Abroad Programs.
- Maintaining scholarship databases, processing and reviewing scholarship applications.
- Conducting pre-departure webinars with students admitted to AMIDEAST semester and summer programs.
- Managing the Education Abroad internship application process and supervising intern work and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Study abroad experience in a MENA region country where AMIDEAST works
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or French
- Broad knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion and supporting traditionally underserved student populations
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to communicate professionally and effectively both orally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong computer and software skills
- Ability to prioritize; effective multitasking and problem-solving skills; flexibility and adaptability to shift priorities to meet tight or unexpected deadlines
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to travel in the U.S. for 1-2 weeks at a time several times a year (when applicable)
- Experience and/or knowledge of the diversity of U.S. higher education institutions, including community colleges, tribal colleges, HBCU’s, and MSI’s
- Knowledge of or experience working with Terra Dotta software
- Knowledge of or experience working with Moodle-based LMS systems
- Prior use of social media platforms in a work-related context
- Academic study, employment, or extensive and substantive travel in the Middle East/North Africa
- Ability to travel in the Middle East/North Africa for a week or more per year as needed
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation