Vice President of Programs
Vice President of Programs
Headquarters - Walter Reed, WASHINGTON, DC, US
Housing Up is one of the leading non-profit organizations in Washington DC providing the full spectrum of housing and supportive services to more than 700 homeless and at-risk households, so that they can transform their own lives. Housing programs include permanent supportive, rapid rehousing, transitional, and affordable rental housing. Supportive services include case management, employment services, clinical services, housing counseling, resident services, life skills, and youth programming.
The Vice President of Programs is an integral member of Housing Up Senior Management reporting directly to the CEO, working collaboratively with other members of the Senior Management Team, and under broad guidance from the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for the overall administration and management of Housing Up’s affordable housing supportive service programs ensuring alignment with evidence-based practices and contractual requirements in support of individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Washington, DC.
• Leading Change: ability to bring about strategic change, both within and without the organization, to meet organizational goals. Ability to establish organization vision and implement in a continuously changing environment
• Leading People: toward meeting Housing Up’s vision, mission and goals while providing an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts
• Results Driven: ability to meet organizational goals and make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, practical experience, analyzing data and calculating risks
• Business Acumen: ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically in support of the success of Housing Up
• Building Coalitions: ability to build coalitions internally as well as externally with other non-profit and profit partners, local government agencies and foundations
• Directs and supports program teams in maintaining fidelity to Housing First and trauma-informed approaches
• Directs the development of program policy, processes, and procedures in line with evidence-based practice, standards of care, and grant requirements
• Guides Housing Up research and evaluation efforts to contribute to the local evidence base in family homeless services
• Leads staff recruitment, training, and retention efforts and oversees the Housing Up program management team in supervising staff in day-to-day operations
• Leads Housing Up’s strategic relationships with government and foundation partners to design and implement evidence-based program models and best practices in family homeless services
• Maintains active participation in interagency working groups and initiatives to promote systems level improvement
• Oversees program and financial monitoring, evaluation, and reporting for public and private grants
• Other duties as required
EDUCATIONAL & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum master’s degree in relevant field (e.g., MSW)
• Minimum 10 years’ experience leading multiple social and human service programs including progressive managerial experience. Direct client service experience with diverse populations required
• Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and teambuilding skills, driven by continuous learning and motivated by public service
• Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database platforms in general.
• May require some weekend and evening hours
• Travel within the Washington, DC community is required
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle required, as well as proof of auto insurance
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with work experience and education.
Housing Up offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and commuter benefits.