Web and Multimedia Services Manager
Manages all aspects of the organization’s web systems (strategy, SEO, content management) including creation and execution of innovative web pages by integrating video, graphics, text, and audio into the strong user-interface design. Proactively manages web content; recommends technical and editorial improvements. This position offers a unique opportunity to merge creativity, content, and technology to attract and engage users while communicating the organization’s mission.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Conceptualizes, designs develop, and maintains web site projects integrating front end design with back end functionality. Moves sites from staging and production to full online deployment. Makes changes to the web site, pages, or presence based on feedback from management and users.
- Ensures code/data integrity; implements security measures to protect and prevent against application vulnerabilities, hackers, and intruders
- A complete understanding of the WordPress content management system including the ability to manipulate templates, make plugin suggestions and modify code when necessary.
- Develops quality online features that support the mission of the organization
- Monitors site traffic using Google Analytics; ensure search engine natural web rankings to maintain placement on all major search engines
- Provides technical assistance as it relates to website(s) functionality, website features, site navigation, customer inquiries, and other technical requests.
- Responsible for the acquisition, manipulation, and organization of digital photographs, film, and video, including the use of production equipment and editing software. Responsible for developing videos that are in alignment with the National Committee’s mission and are visually compelling.
- Stay up to date on the web’s latest technologies and make sure the site is always mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready
- Serve as the department’s point-of-contact with vendors manages contracts and subscription services.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
Webmaster experience with a membership organization and/or non-profit is a plus.