Associate Director of Data Science and Public Impact
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents over 21,000 physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney disease—seeks a full-time Associate Director of Data Science and Public Impact.
The ASN Associate Director will help lead a new department encompassing marketing, communications and data science. This department will employ evidence-based decision making as well as a strong creative focus to advance the mission and goals of ASN, reflect the tremendous changes occurring in nephrology practice, research and education, expand existing audiences and build new audiences for a field experiencing dynamic growth and change.
- Develop and lead external marketing efforts to advance the reputation and reach of the ASN Alliance for Kidney Health.
- Help ensure the work of the Data Science and Public Impact center advances mission, goals and programs of the ASN Alliance.
- Expand visibility and impact of individual ASN Alliance programs, such as educational, publishing, and policy initiatives.
- Supervise staff involved with promoting ASN Alliance initiatives.
- Identify and build relationships that should be created/developed to enhance visibility with target audiences.
- Create and implement mapping and segmentation strategies, trend analyses, and custom reporting/querying that support strategic dissemination of material.
- Develop and execute ASN's brand, marketing strategy, and branding guidelines.
- Oversee editorial direction, content, design, production, and distribution of promotional material. Write and edit material as needed.
- Help the ASN Alliance maintain a consistent organizational voice and message.
- Support a service-oriented approach to working with other ASN departments to identify marketing goals and develop strategic, effective campaigns that include reporting of performance metrics.
- Remain current with emerging technologies, integrating technological upgrades as appropriate.
- Apply critical and creative thinking to every aspect of the center’s portfolio and how it relates to the ASN Alliance.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of success including strong leadership skills.
- A minimum of five years’ proven success supervising staff at various levels, and a track record of advancing professional development on staff teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and modify strategic marketing plans that support complex organizations, and proven success overseeing market research, assessment, and analysis.
- Experience using Association Management System (AMS) software, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Membership lifecycle tracking, and an understanding of high-level AMS integrations with key partner systems, including broadcast email platform.
- Superb oral and written communication, project management and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with science and medicine and the non-profit environment, including mission-based marketing.
- Proven success facilitating and managing excellent working relationships with volunteers and external partners.
- Experience conducting/overseeing relevant market research.
- The ability to direct multiple projects and lead teams that work across departments.
- Willingness to make difficult decisions when needed to ensure the success of organizational priorities.
- Experience directing projects that rely on internal staff and external experts.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Associate Director of Data Science and Public Impact) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.
Apply for Associate Director of Data Science and Public Impact
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly