Residential House Manager
Title: Program Manager Program: Residential Support Services
Supervisor: QIDP Regular Work Hours: 40/varies
FLSA Status: Exempt EEO Classification: I
Under the direct supervision of the Qualified Intellectual Development Professional (QIDP), and in accordance with established agency policies and procedures, licensure standards and PL 2-137, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that training, services and supports are provided to maximize the independence of the individuals. The incumbent also manages daily operation of the residence(s) including the scheduling and supervision of staff.
The Specific Responsibilities:
- Supervises and evaluates performance of residence staff and makes recommendations to supervisor regarding personnel actions.
- Develops and monitors staffing schedules to ensure proper coverage and works in direct support professional position when relief coverage cannot be obtained.
- Prepares and submits time sheets to supervisor.
- Coordinates monthly staff meetings.
- Ensures health care recommendations are implemented from Individual Support Plans, medical appointments are completed by the required date and medications are administered according to regulations.
- Administers medication as per medication administration training.
- Ensures that all individuals are trained in fire safety and evacuation procedures at least monthly on each shift.
- Ensures that menus are posted, dated and followed according to dietary orders.
- Ensures that all incidents are reported, documented, investigated and forwarded as appropriate.
- Reviews on a weekly basis individuals records, including but not limited to, documentation of Individual Program Plans, behavior programs, and log notes to ensure all documentation is current, accurate and complete.
- Reports to QIDP maintenance repair needs related to facility or vehicles operations.
- Monitors all expenditures including but not limited to, weekly constituent allowance, clothing, and personal items, and forwards receipts to QIDP within established time frames.
- Coordinates individual home visits and annual vacations.
- Prepare the residences for monitoring surveys and implements plans of corrections as written.
- Refrain from using phone while working to have personal conversations, to watch movies, text, face time, play games and anything other than work if and when possible.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Has regular contact with program staff, QIDP, and nurses.
Has ongoing contact with case managers, day program staff, neighbors, family members, medical personnel, and members of the community.
The incumbent must have at least a high school diploma and six months of experience working with people with developmental or other intellectual/physical disabilities in a residential setting. A Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts degree in a human services field and a minimum of one year experience working with persons with developmental disabilities in a residential setting is preferred. Previous supervisory experience is preferred but not required. Must have a valid local driver’s license, three years of driving experience and acceptable driving record according to My Own Place policy. The incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal background investigation.
- Must provide an annual medical statement completed by a licensed physician stating the employee is free of communicable disease and which provides results of PPD or chest x-ray.
- Must attend meetings and successfully complete all mandatory training sessions during varied hours.
- Must transport individuals via public transportation or agency vehicle to community activities, day programs, work etc. Must have own transportation in order to complete daily activities.
- Must be able to navigate steps.
- OSHA Classification I.
- On call 24 hours a day.
- Ability to work a varied scheduled which may include weekends.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision and exercise good judgment.
- Must be able to lift at least sixty pounds.
- Must be able to lift an individual in an event of a medical emergency.
Other Ranking Factors:
- Ability to demonstrate passion for the industry, initiative, compassion, empathy, enthusiasm and comfortable establishing a natural support for individuals.
- Must be flexible, dependable, and able to resolve conflict.
Apply for Residential House Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly