Logistics Inventory Control Technician NF2
Provides the Logistics Branch (MRL) of the Business & Support Services Division (MR) support relating to Regional Distribution Center (RDC) inventory control. . Assists in monitoring inventory levels, works with regional inventory control specialists and installations to resolve troubled freight or other issues, assists with PO tracking, researches inventory discrepancies and works with IT and the Retail Systems Group to resolve, provides support for the Return To Vendor process working with Merchandising, Vendor Relations, and the regional inventory control specialists.
Responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Serves as a data entry clerk with responsibility for entering a variety of data into various software platforms.
- Prepares reports and recaps on a periodic and regular basis, and/or upon request. Gathers and/or files requested information.
- Monitors and maintains general e-mail inboxes and responds to routine requests. Responds to routine telephone calls and inquiries.
- Effectively communicates with buyers, vendors, replenishment analysts, regional inventory control specialists, and field personnel. Performs general clerical duties as assigned.
- Manages multiple work assignments simultaneously or as prioritized.
Provides World Class Customer Service with an emphasis on courtesy. Assists customers and communicates positively in a friendly manner. Takes action to solve problems quickly. Alerts the higher-level supervisor, or proper point of contact for help when problems arise. Adheres to safety regulations and standards. Promptly reports any observed workplace hazards, and any injury, occupational illness, and/or property damage resulting from workplace mishaps to the immediate supervisor. Adheres to established standards of actively supporting the principles of the EEO program and prevention of sexual harassment.
May work a fluctuating work schedule to complete work assignments outside of the typical work week and work hours. Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a white-collar position where occasional lifting up to 20 lbs may be required.
One year of experience in retail back of house or warehouse experience, such as shipping and receiving, retail purchase order processing, or an understanding of inventory management is preferred. . One to two years’ experience with spreadsheet and word processing software packages, Microsoft Office preferred. Ability to communicate well, orally and in writing. Ability to collaborate well across functional areas of the business and approach problem-solving with an open mind. Ability to apply the mechanics of purchasing and common business practices. Knowledge of general clerical procedures is required. Must be flexible in various environments and have proven ability to work and support across multiple teams.