Medical Program Assistant
The Embassy of Canada in Washington, D.C. is accepting applications for the position of Medical Program Assistant, details as follows.
Position title: Medical Program Assistant
Section: Canadian Defence Liaison Staff (Washington) - CDLS
Location: Embassy of Canada, Washington, D.C.
Position no: EXT-421192
Starting salary: $53,512 USD plus benefits
Competition no: 4237
Date posted: November 4, 2020
Closing date: November 18, 2020 06:00:00 PM ET
Employment Tenure: Indeterminate
This staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and for similar positions in other programs at the Embassy with various tenures, including indeterminate, term, assignment/ transfer, emergency, and acting opportunities.
Area of Selection:
This competition is open to applicants who are:
· Persons living in the greater Washington Metropolitan area;
· Employees of the Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC;
· Employees of any Canadian Mission in the United States. Relocation will not be paid in any circumstance;
· Spouses and dependents of Canada-based staff (CBS) at the Embassy of Canada.
All applicants must:
· Have independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with United States protocol directives for foreign missions.
· Meet at least one of the Area of Selection criteria.
· Meet all of the Essential Requirements stated below.
· Submit a resume and a cover letter by the closing date and time. The cover letter must:
o Demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements under Language, Education and Experience;
o Confirm residency requirement stated in the Area of Selection;
o Confirm independent work authorization in the United States. (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident (LPR), or specific visa categories (e.g. A-1) as required by the Department of State for employment in a foreign mission)
Note: Failure to provide any of the information required above will result in your application being rejected. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications. Supporting documentation will be verified during the process.
Summary of duties:
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Program Assistant will provide administrative support to the Canadian Defence Liaison Staff (Washington) (CDLS-W) Medical Section. Duties include, but are not limited to, assessing and coordinating files, forms, and records; registering information into a database; scanning documents for electronic filing; preparing reports; replying in writing and via telephone to routine requests regarding files and records; and providing other administrative support as required.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly how they meet the Language, Education and Experience requirements listed below. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
A degree or a diploma from an accredited university or college; or an acceptable combination of relevant experience, education, and training related to the duties and specific areas of competence required by the position.
· Two years of experience in office support;
· Experience in record keeping, including print and electronic data;
· Experience working with sensitive and confidential material;
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook, including data input and information management; and
· Experience in providing client service.
Candidates who meet the Language, Education and Experience requirements will be assessed on the following qualifications. The assessment may include: a written test, an interview, an in-basket exercise, and/or a skills test.
· Knowledge of the management of health files in accordance with privacy rules and guidelines; and (e.g. the Privacy Act, HIPAA etc.)
· Knowledge and proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing;
· Provide excellent client service in person, by telephone, and electronically;
· Evaluate and pre-screen medical records before submission and filing;
· Manage multiple competing demands, organize time, and work effectively to meet deadlines;
· Review and ensure that records and documentation are complete and contain accurate information;
· Perform quality assurance of records and releases information to authorised personnel incompliance with established policies and procedures; and
· Maintain the information and records in a documented and organized system, both electronically and in hard copy.
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Sound judgment;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Adaptability and Flexibility; and
· Confidentiality (ability to keep sensitive information on a need-to-know basis).
· The ability to work in French; and
· A degree in a medical-related field.
The staffing process will consist of a review of all applications to ensure that applicants meet the essential requirements. Failure to meet any of the essential requirements eliminates candidates from further consideration in the competition. Only those applicants who meet these will be contacted by the Human Resources Section for assessment of the Rated Requirements. The assessment may include an interview, a written test and other tests that will consist of a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant's knowledge, abilities and personal suitability for the position. Reference checks will be sought for candidates who reach the interview stage and may form part of the selection process. Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder. Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us prior.
The Embassy offers a competitive salary plus leave and health benefits package. Leave includes paid vacation, sick, and family/personal leave. Health packages covers medical, dental, disability, and retirement. Other benefits include prime work location in proximity to Metro, standard 37.5-hour work week, on-site parking, on-site gym with cardio and weight room, and on-site cafeteria. The Embassy promotes work-life balance and offers a dynamic and healthy work environment
The Embassy is committed to conducting inclusive, barrier-free selection processes. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Condition of employment (must be met):
· Eligibility for a Government of Canada Reliability Status which includes a criminal and credit background check;
· Independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with U.S. protocol directives for foreign missions (US Citizen, LPR, or specific visa categories as required by the Department of State for employment in a foreign mission); and
· Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
Hours of work:
Normal hours of work for this position are in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Locally Engaged Staff (LES) in the United States of 37.5 hours per week. The incumbent may be required to work overtime as needed.
Method of application:
Applications will only be considered when received through our online portal. Apply online at http://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4237&source=PO