Director, Corporate and Foundation Giving
Position Summary: NAFSA: Association of International Educators invites applications from a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our team to serve in a new position, Director, Corporate and Foundation Giving.
Founded in 1948, NAFSA is the oldest, largest, and most comprehensive association of professionals dedicated to international higher education. NAFSA is guided by the values expressed in its Strategic Plan. NAFSA has around 10,000 members in over 130 countries. NAFSA hosts the world’s largest international education Annual Conference & Expo. The association seeks to expand its funding base.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director & CEO and is responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive fundraising program. Areas of focus include foundations committed to supporting thought leadership in higher education or international cooperation, and corporations interested in reaching an internationally-minded audience.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute a strategic fundraising program;
- Research, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with corporations and foundations resulting in annual contributions, grants, program sponsorships, in-kind donations and/or other engagement activities;
- Maintain knowledge of corporate and foundation giving interests and trends
- Build a portfolio of strong relationships with corporations, foundations and similar organizations
- Manage grant and funding proposals and work collaboratively with other staff to meet application and reporting deadlines for donors
- Facilitate the CEO’s development activity with donors and prospects
The ideal candidate will collaborate with teams across the organization, including program offices, senior leadership, and experienced leaders in organizational advancement and annual conference & expo areas. Internal partners work with our Global Partners Program and our event sponsors, who are entities engaged in the field of international education, and liaise with more than 300 exhibitors at our Annual Conference & Expo. This role would expand NAFSA’s funding sources by developing new relationships, especially with entities beyond the field of international education.
We seek a candidate who will be an enthusiastic development professional eager to build a new capacity at NAFSA. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of NAFSA’s work and appreciation for the association’s mission. Based on decades of commitment, NAFSA believes that diversity in our classrooms, our communities, and our workplace is our strength.
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, well-organized, and resourceful. They will be able to quickly design and implement strategies to identify new prospects move them through the development cycle. The candidate will be able to manage numerous prospects, with multiple timetables, and follow through in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years of direct experience fundraising for non-profit or educational organizations
- Demonstrated success cultivating and maintaining multiple donors, including corporate and foundation relationships, and successfully converting prospects to donors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong research, analytical, and database skills
- Experience with grant writing and proposal development
- Commitment to NAFSA’s mission
- Advanced degree welcomed
- Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association membership organizations
We seek a professional with a proven track record of successful fundraising for non-profit organizations. Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing the skills you would bring and specific examples of successful fundraising campaigns that you have led. The initial term of employment runs until December 31, 2023 and would be renewed based on performance.
The link to the full position description is available at https://nafsa.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/5939283d-d374-b96d-9ee2-4b64749807d5/apply?source=1414570-CS-26324