Information Security Engineer
- Full Time
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be accepted.
The FBI’s Applications and Data Division is looking for passionate technologists to help us face some of the nation’s toughest challenges. We provide end-to-end technical services for the applications and data that enable FBI Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts around the world to protect the American public and uphold the U.S. Constitution. Join us in developing technologies to further the mission of the FBI. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of the threat by delivering on the potential of software and data.
As an Information Security Engineer, you will work on application system designs and architecture plans to embed security into development, testing and deployments across the development lifecycle; provide in-depth analysis of suspected malicious code and/or infected systems within network devices; and evaluate cryptography choice and implementation. In addition, you will perform necessary maintenance and inspection, as well as develop recommendations to counter threats.
Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Must pass an FBI polygraph examination.
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy:
- No use of marijuana within the last three years.
- No use of any other illegal drug in the past 10 years.
- No selling, distributing, manufacturing or transporting of any illegal drugs.
- No use of a prescription drug or a legally obtainable substance in a manner for which it was not intended within the last three years.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
- Must never have knowingly or willfully engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. government by force.
- Must never have failed to file federal, state or local income tax returns.
- Must not be in default on a student loan insured by the U.S. government.
- Must not be in default on court-ordered child support payments.
- Must be registered with the Selective Service System (males only, exceptions apply).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university and must be verified by submitting college transcripts.
Specialized Experience (SE)
- Demonstrate strong understanding of security policy advocated by the U.S. government, including the Department of Defense and appropriate civil agencies, (such as NIST).
- Experience with INFOSEC technology, policy, procedure development and implementation on major industry and government programs/efforts.
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network security, application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines and web server and database security.
- Experience in security architecture of modern cloud technologies, including multi-tenancy, containerization/virtualization and automation services.
- Some experience with application test methodologies, automating application security testing and the strengths/weaknesses of test automation.
- Experience with at least one or more of Java, Python, C++ and Ruby.
- Experience in applying static and/or dynamic analysis in application testing.
- The ability to evaluate cryptography choice and implementation.
- The ability to communicate technical security concepts to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- General experience in the development of both common-user and special-purpose, command-and-control information systems, with increasing responsibilities in the scope and magnitude of the systems for which solutions have been implemented.
Apply for Information Security Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly