3 days left
- Full Time
Overview: Veterans Cigar Club is a private luxury cigar lounge offering positions for cigar manager and cigar associates. Applicants for this position preferably retirees and veterans must possess a thorough, in-depth knowledge of cigars for employment. This job requires that you have worked sales in a luxury and/or discretionary consumables setting (i.e. jewelry store, antiques, fine wine and spirits, luxury cars, etc.). The applicant must be willing to learn as knowledge of the cigar industry is crucial to sales. The ability to provide superior customer service to drive sales within our location takes precedence and is mandatory as our lifestyle products attract affluent clients and professionals. Location is consumed with daily cigar smoking and expected to work events and cigar tastings where smoking is present.
An initial comprehensive training program will ensure that our cigar manager and cigar associates can provide the specialized knowledge and service that our high-end clients demand. Salary is negotiable to team member's productive results, positive work ethic, excellent customer service skills, consistent punctuality, and sense of ownership and responsibility.
Veterans Cigar Club is initially offering up to 20 to 35 hours per week. Initial training will occur at which time the position will be extended or declined. Upon acceptance of the position, final training will conclude so that the team member will have the right tools and education to complete the tasks and procedures we expect.
Preference will be given retirees and veteran applicants who can work weekends and holidays.
* Assists in developing sales and providing assistance to customers.
* Ongoing training and knowledge of new store products.
* Works as part of a team to keep the department and store organized and effectively merchandised; this includes moving, stocking and staging product.
* Must clean bathrooms, lounge, store, fixtures during every shift.
* May be required to work in the store location or off-site events.
* Must possess tact, presentable hygiene and an outgoing sales type personality.
* Will abide by company dress code "Business Cigar Casual".
* Must use a POS/cash register and handle payments perhaps deposits. Obtains payments by processing cash and credit cards.
* Displays merchandise by stocking shelves, counters, racks, and tables.
* Promotes sales by setting up advertising displays.
* Prices merchandise by stamping, marking, and tagging.
* Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested by customers; receiving merchandise selected by customers.
* Issues bills and receipts by listing and totaling purchases.
* Prepares merchandise for delivery by removing tags, wrapping, and bagging.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Energy Level
* Customer Service
* Handles Pressure
* General Math Skills
* Processing payments via a POS system on a tablet/computer.
* Attention to Detail
* Must be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of cigars or willing to learn about the trade.
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers and managers.
* Ability to repeatedly lift 20 pounds.
* Ability to attend tasting events to better assist customers with their selections.
* Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, or as scheduled.
* Must be at least 21 years old and be a U.S. Citizen.
* Must keep the shop and humidor in an orderly and clean fashion. You will be called on to sweep and mop the floors, clean the restrooms, clean the ashtrays, wash glass windows, and perform any other janitorial task.
* Must submit to a background check. Must be drug-free and remain sober while on the clock.
If interested please email a resume firstname.lastname@example.org and if we accept your candidacy an interview will be scheduled at our Clinton location. Proof of prior retail experience suggested.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly