User Experience Designer
The User Experience Designer will help support ASHA’s mission and vision by ensuring that its digital products are developed from a user-centric design perspective. The individual in this position will work collaboratively with a broad range of ASHA staff and consultants to envision and design user experiences that meet the needs of ASHA members and the public.
1. Act as an internal consultant and user experience researcher for ASHA digital product development projects. Depending on the project, the User Experience Designer may need to be able to:
- Research and analyze data for digital interfaces that promote usability and enhance users' experiences and interactions with our products.
- Create project artifacts such as user research reports, prototypes, process flows, wireframes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (DEV, UX, PM, BA) to define, design, and deliver creative digital solutions
2. On-going duties include:
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of user experience design standards and guidelines for ASHA digital content and products.
- Gathers data, synthesizes it into actionable insights and disseminates findings to various teams through reports and presentations.
- Leverage google analytics and Crazy Egg to understand and enhance the user experience.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in user experience research and design.
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- At least 3 years of experience developing websites, web applications, and digital products as a user researcher, Information Architect, Interaction Designer, User Experience Designer, Web Designer, or Usability Specialist.
- Continuing education or coursework in user experience design, web application development, and web site development.
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- Experience with user research and usability testing, and documenting and communicating results.
- Demonstrate ability to produce high fidelity wireframes and have experiences with at least one wire framing and prototyping tool (e.g., Adobe CS Applications, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq Mockups or Axure) (portfolio samples or case studies will be required)
- Experience producing written and visual UX documentation including sitemaps, wireframes, reports, user flows, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience using fluid grids, and working in responsive/adaptive websites using Bootstrap
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and mobile web standards
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards is helpful
- Experience with WordPress, Episerver , and SharePoint is helpful
Scope and depth of non-technical skills/knowledge:
- Ability to assume a leadership role in advancing ASHA’s overall user experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and anticipate next steps
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills