Project Manager - Interior Design
The Embassy of Canada in Washington, D.C. is accepting applications for the position of Project Manager, details as follows.
Position title: Project Manager
Section: Physical Resources
Location: Embassy of Canada, Washington, D.C.
Position no: EXT-312075
Starting salary: $75,178 USD plus benefits
Competition no: 4228
Date posted: October 22, 2020
Closing date: November 8, 2020 06:00:00 PM ET
Employment Tenure: Indeterminate
This staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and for similar positions in other programs at the Embassy with various tenures, including indeterminate, term, assignment/ transfer, emergency, and acting opportunities.
Area of Selection:
This competition is open to applicants who are:
· Persons living in the greater Washington Metropolitan area;
· Employees of the Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC;
· Employees of any Canadian Mission in the United States. Relocation will not be paid in any circumstance;
· Spouses and dependents of Canada-based staff (CBS) at the Embassy of Canada.
All applicants must:
· Have independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with United States protocol directives for foreign missions.
· Meet at least one of the Area of Selection criteria.
· Meet all of the Essential Requirements stated below.
· Submit a resume and a cover letter by the closing date and time. The cover letter must:
o Demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements under Language, Education and Experience;
o Confirm residency requirement stated in the Area of Selection;
o Confirm independent work authorization in the United States. (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident (LPR), or specific visa categories (e.g. A-1) as required by the Department of State for employment in a foreign mission)
Note: Failure to provide any of the information required above will result in your application being rejected. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications. Supporting documentation will be verified during the process.
Summary of duties:
Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the management of large and small property contracts and other special projects at the Embassy, Official Residence and
other crown-held properties. This includes: the preparation of all documentation related to large and small-scale contracts including invitations to tender, contracts and follow up correspondence; the review and assessment of surveys prepared by third party consultants, architects and engineers; and the organization of competitive bidding and preparation of submissions to the contract review board.
The incumbent will also plan, manage, recommend and co-ordinate the development of Major
Work Programmes (Headquarters-funded projects) for the Embassy, Official Residences and
other crown-held properties as well as develop and implement service standards. The
incumbent will draft complex reports on a variety of subjects and conduct in-depth research from
a wide range of sources to analyze trends and propose short- and long-term strategies.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly how they meet the Language, Education and Experience requirements listed below. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
A Bachelor’s of Science (BS) Degree in Interior Design
· Minimum of 5 years of interior design experience working in a commercial or government environment with at least two of the five years as a project manager;
· Experience writing statements of work (SOWs) and requests for proposals (RFPs);
· Experience managing full life-cycle contracts and projects including budgeting, planning, development and implementation; and
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and visualization software for interior design such as SketchUp and Adobe Photoshop for 3-D.
Candidates who meet the Language, Education and Experience requirements will be assessed on the following qualifications. The assessment may include: a written test, an interview, an in-basket exercise, and/or a skills test.
· Knowledge of project management processes and procedures; and
· Knowledge of contracting processes.
· Analyse situations and information and make recommendations to senior management;
· Read and summarise complex reports, draft briefings, and present to senior management;
· Make recommendations on complex planning and major projects’ development issues to senior management;
· Evaluate problems and find creative and workable solutions;
· Identify project requirements and incorporate into SOWs;
· Negotiate with contractors through the construction process to control the quality and the cost;
· Plan and organize schedules for contractors and supervise contracting staff; and
· Communicate effectively under pressure with clients and senior management.
· Sound judgment;
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent client service skills; and
· Conflict resolution skills.
· The ability to work in French
The staffing process will consist of a review of all applications to ensure that applicants meet the essential requirements. Failure to meet any of the essential requirements eliminates candidates from further consideration in the competition. Only those applicants who meet these will be contacted by the Human Resources Section for assessment of the Rated Requirements. The assessment may include an interview, a written test and other tests that will consist of a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant's knowledge, abilities and personal suitability for the position. Reference checks will be sought for candidates who reach the interview stage and may form part of the selection process. Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder. Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us prior.
The Embassy offers a competitive salary plus leave and health benefits package. Leave includes paid vacation, sick, and family/personal leave. Health packages covers medical, dental, disability, and retirement. Other benefits include prime work location in proximity to Metro, standard 37.5-hour work week, on-site parking, on-site gym with cardio and weight room, and on-site cafeteria. The Embassy promotes work-life balance and offers a dynamic and healthy work environment
The Embassy is committed to conducting inclusive, barrier-free selection processes. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Condition of employment (must be met):
· Eligibility for a Government of Canada Reliability Status which includes a criminal and credit background check;
· Independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with U.S. protocol directives for foreign missions (US Citizen, LPR, or specific visa categories as required by the Department of State for employment in a foreign mission);
· Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter; and
· A valid US driver’s license.
· Normal hours of work for this position are in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Locally Engaged Staff (LES) in the United States of 37.5 hours per week.
· The incumbent may be required to work overtime as needed.
· This position requires the incumbent to work onsite at the Embassy, Official Residence and other crown-held properties.
· The work can vary from seated at a desk in front of a computer to extensive walking to visit work sites and mechanical spaces. The work requires the candidate to climb ladders, walk on cat-walks, lifts, and rooftops up to 80 feet off the ground.
Method of application:
Applications will only be considered when received through our online portal. Apply online at www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4228&source=PO
More searches like this
- Construction and Skilled Trades Government and Public Services jobs in Washington D.C.
- Maintenance and Repair Government and Public Services jobs in Washington D.C.
- General Contractor Government and Public Services jobs in Washington D.C.
- Maintenance Government and Public Services jobs in Washington D.C.