Cybersecurity Technical Director #5382
CYBERSECURITY TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
NATURE OF WORK
This is advanced professional work providing technical expertise to the assigned team supervisor in the Cybersecurity Department. Work includes providing subject matter expert review of team processes/procedures to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness; recommending and optimizing architecture of applicable team technologies and/or tools to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency in accomplishing team goals and objectives. Work is performed under the direction of the team Supervisor. This position supports technical and/or functional oversight and coordination of the cybersecurity program for the respective branch.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(This list is not absolute or restrictive, but indicates approximate duties and responsibilities, which may be redefined pursuant to operational needs.)
* Serves as an internal consultant and advisor in own area of expertise (e.g., technology, tools, standards, best practices, processes, etc.).
* Supports assigned supervisor on overall enterprise information security architecture with the organization's overall security strategy.
* Advises supervisor on risk levels and security posture.
* Interprets and advises the assigned supervisor on appropriate application of laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to specific issues.
* Interprets patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the team’s cybersecurity mission and objectives.
* Provides support to the assigned supervisor in the development of cyber operations specific indicators measuring success and attainment of team goals and objectives.
* Provides support to the team for planning/developmental forums and working groups as appropriate.
* Develops short-term and strategic training events for the assigned team in conjunction with Supervisor’s/Branch Manager’s approval.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work requires extended periods of confined sitting and hand-eye coordination working with computers. Expected to work unusual and perhaps unexpected hours during a Continuity of Operations event.
Work requires a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, telecommunications, or a related technical field, and Eight to ten years of experience within a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)-type environment or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
* Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to the cybersecurity area of expertise.
* Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities as they relate to the cybersecurity area of expertise.
* Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses as they relate to the cybersecurity area of expertise.
* Knowledge of operations testing and evaluation methods as they relate to the cybersecurity area of expertise.
* Skill in integrating the team’s goals and objectives into the team’s technical and/or functional architecture.
* Skill in making processes more efficient.
* Skill in written, oral and presentation skills, especially in conducting cross-training events for other cybersecurity teams.
* Ability to apply an organization's goals and objectives to develop and maintain the team’s operations architecture.
*Ability to optimize systems and/or tools to meet enterprise performance requirements.
*Ability to execute technology and/or tool automation processes. Ability to work well with a diverse staff base.
*Ability to work in heavily regulated and/or audited environment.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Apply at: https://sen.gov/O2NW