The News Leaders Association is hiring a Marketing and Development Director to help build audience and revenue. NLA empowers news leaders to build diverse, sustainable newsrooms that use fact-based information to inform the communities they serve. The Marketing and Development Director will join a small, entrepreneurial team in building and sustaining strong networks of support for news leaders, advancing newsroom leadership diversity, and advocating for independent journalism.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Build and manage innovative membership acquisition and retention program
- Keep members engaged by helping to plan and execute virtual and live events
- Work closely with Executive Director to identify foundation prospects and administer grants
- Pursue sponsorship opportunities
- Research and operationalize CRM system that best fits organizational goals
- Create targeted e-newsletters and member communications
- Establish partnerships to expand reach and visibility
- Support PR and Communications
- Explore earned income and new business development opportunities
- Build NLA brand and visibility through social media
Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience:
- Experience growing a non-profit, start-up experience helpful
- Familiarity with CRM and donor databases
- Tech savvy, experience with Constant Contact, Eventbrite, Webinar platforms
- Grant writing, sponsor sales
- Commitment to the highest standards of journalism ethics
- Strong writing and communication skills, strong organizational skills, ability to be urgent and purposeful in meeting the goals of the organization
The position is currently remote with a plan to eventually be based in Washington D.C.
NLA is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring diverse employees. People of color, women, LGBTQ, and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. The News Leaders Association is the new combined organization formed when The American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors joined forces. NLA is a 5013c6 and a non-profit 501c3 News Leaders Association Foundation.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, Writing Sample to: email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.