Employability/Internship Specialist-Part Time
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter emailed to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets with students one-on-one to review resumes and employment collateral; assess student readiness
- Create and present classroom visits, workshops and virtual options on employability topics
- Create and maintain student records and outcomes data
- Develop employer and internship contacts
- Update webpage, monitor job boards and promote use to students
- Organize and deliver career fairs, networking events and recruitment tables
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel Services, Human Resources, or related field.
- Two years of full time paid experience in a college setting. One year’s experience in helping adult learners with resume writing, interviewing and job search strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in virtual formats
- Skilled in use of web-based research, social media and recruiting systems such as College Central
- Preferred experience: Global Career Development Facilitator, Employment Recruiter or Career Coach, Event Coordination
- Must be available to work occasional evenings
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive.
This work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate: Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity: Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity: Ability to focus, concentrate, understand and convey information
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk: Ability to move or traverse from one area to another
Office, classroom and campus setting. May also work remotely by situation. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations. Work hours may vary <29 hours per week.
“Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.”