WAMU 88.5 is seeking a Web Developer.
If you seek to join a mission-driven organization and are an experienced Web Developer, you may be the candidate we’re looking for.
WAMU 88.5 is Washington DC’s leading public radio station for NPR news and information. It’s our mission to connect Washingtonians with each other and the world through balanced, enlightening, inspiring and entertaining programs of the highest quality.
The Web Developer maintains both websites and applications used by WAMU audiences and staff and continually updates their features and functionality. This position crafts custom web applications in a decoupled React-based architecture, enhances functionality via custom plugins, and configures and administrates the WordPress Content Management System (CMS) for mission-critical, high-concurrency websites.
What you’ll do:
· Write code to build and maintain features across various projects.
· Troubleshoot reported problems and debug errors.
· Consult with stakeholders and project managers to comprehend business requirements and inform decision-making.
· Collaborate in feature planning to ensure technical feasibility.
· Perform quality assurance testing after work is developed or deployed.
· Administrate and configure site content, users, and other settings on content management systems.
· Operate and assist with technical needs on various digital platforms, including integrated services, accounts, hosting platforms and servers, CRMs, podcasting platforms, email marketing systems, and analytics services.
· Assess and communicate progress status to managers and team members.
· Document code contributions, critical resources, issue relationships, and other meta information essential to team collaboration, managerial and stakeholder oversight, and long-term project maintainability.
· And much more..
Your experience and attributes:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
· 2-5 years of experience.
· Git – Solid fundamentals of modern code management: branching, merging.
· CSS – Grasp of responsive/progressive techniques and organizational patterns.
· WordPress – Demonstrated experience developing custom themes and plugins.
· APIs – Experience working with APIs; creating and consuming web services using JSON, REST.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following personal traits:
· Professional – respectful, inclusive, cooperative, and reliable.
· Problem Solver – an inspired and creative solution-focused mindset.
· Empathetic – ability to experience, evaluate, and communicate about the product as an end-user or stakeholder.
· Efficient – able to influence task estimation and prioritization in a way that promotes practical business needs.
· Methodical – systematic, thorough, and empirical in diagnosis of problems and assessments of state.