THERAPIST - Full Time
Headquarters - Walter Reed, WASHINGTON, DC, US
Housing Up is one of the leading non-profit organizations in Washington DC providing the full spectrum of housing and supportive services to more than 700 homeless and at-risk households, so that they can transform their own lives. Housing programs include permanent supportive, rapid rehousing, transitional, and affordable rental housing. Supportive services include case management, employment services, clinical services, housing counseling, resident services, life skills, and youth programming.
This position is responsible for applying principles, methods, and therapeutic techniques to adults, children, and family groups in both single and scattered site housing through Housing Up. A strong applicant will possess the skills and experience in providing individual and group therapy to adults, children, or families experiencing homelessness. This position reports to the Director of Rapid Rehousing.
• Provides individual and/or group counseling to adults and/or children who have experienced displacement (homelessness), trauma, substance abuse, and/or mental health related issues
• Performs individual and family assessments to identify presenting problems, family dynamics, mental health diagnosis, and/or substance abuse issues
• Develops therapy plans with identified clients to address presenting problems utilizing a strengthbased perspective and evidence-based interventions that promote family empowerment
• Works collaboratively with the programmatic team on behalf of program participants
• Completes progress notes within 48 hours that document progress towards the therapy plan
• Assists with providing trainings to staff on clinical issues
• Supports the case management team through monthly case consultations
• Develops and conducts workshops for the Housing Up Staff.
EDUCATIONAL & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Master’s degree in a clinical treatment field
• Clinical licensure in DC (LGSW, LGPC, LICSW, or LPC)
• Schedule flexibility for evening work as needed
• Clearly and effectively conveys information verbally
• Organizes expresses and communicates ideas clearly in writing
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL EFFORT
• Must be willing to travel to different locations throughout Washington DC and complete in-home therapy sessions in any neighborhood
• Requires an ability to sit up to 3-6 hours per day with intermittent walking and standing
• Housing Up office hours are 9am-5pm, but therapists are expected to adjust their schedules to accommodate the needs of the family, which will include being accessible on evenings and weekends, minimum of two (2) evenings per week
• Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Travel within the Washington, DC community is required
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle required, as well as proof of auto insurance
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$58k - $68k, commensurate with work experience
Housing Up offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and commuter benefits.
To learn more about us, please visit www.housingup.org.