COCM has a unique partnership with The University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland around the management of apartment living communities serving nearly three thousand students.
The Housekeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the interior and exterior of the building(s) and grounds in a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning, scrubbing, washing, sweeping, dusting, and removal of debris. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Cleans halls, stairways, public restrooms, offices, lounges, elevators, trash rooms, corridors, and all common areas.
• Use of personal protective equipment (PPE), as needed.
• Cleans resident units as needed.
• Sweeps, scrubs, and mop all lobbies, trash rooms, recycle rooms, and hallways.
• Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, elevators, and blinds.
• Dusts furniture.
• Washes walls, ceiling, light fixtures, and woodwork.
• Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
• Empties wastebaskets.
• Replenishes bathroom supplies.
• Picks up debris and recyclables inside building(s), near building(s) entry and grounds.
• Completes all items on Weekly Housekeeping Checklist.
• Ensures that all green policies are followed including use of chemicals as directed.
• Collects recyclables daily.
• Other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Compensation includes medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K and professional development funding. Hourly wage is $15.45.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) with two to three years’ experience.