Citizenship Technology Paraeducator
If you are passionate about assisting and supporting students in an effective remote learning environment, then Carlos Rosario has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
The Citizenship Technology Paraeducator is a temporary position established to support distance learning through January 30, 2021. A possible extension may occur if the need for distance learning is extended. The Citizenship Technology Paraeducator’s primary duty is to assist, support, and enhance an effective remote learning environment and student achievement by working with students in small groups and individuals inside and outside the Distance Learning classroom. Additionally, the Paraeducator provides the lead teacher with qualitative data and cultural insight that helps the lead teacher tailor instruction to support each student’s unique challenges and at times, leads class activities at the lead teacher’s request.
- Leads small group activities and provides whole-class instruction when needed
- Provide the teacher with qualitative data.
- Develops an understanding of individual student needs/challenges in digital literacies.
- Explain basic Microsoft Office Suite concepts accurately.
- Assist teachers with developing effective learning plans to address students’ needs and strengths; motivate students and build their confidence and persistence.
- Assist students with preparing for the oral interview section of the Citizenship test
- Assist students in developing their digital literacy skills remotely via Zoom and the phone to build their ability to fully engage in their class that meets once a week.
- Create manuals to guide students in accessing the digital tools and materials independently throughout the week. May require availability outside of the posted class hours in order to meet the needs of individual students for technology support.
- Perform other duties as requested and in keeping with achieving outstanding school, academy, student and course objectives.
- High School diploma with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates self-motivation, continual learning, and the ability to take initiative.
- Practice professional and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team approach.
- Experience with LMS (Schoology), Zoom, Remind, GSuite one-year experience preferred.
- Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish or English/Amharic) preferred.
- Commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Tuesday 9-12 pm, Wednesday 6-9 pm, Saturday 9-12 pm
(Must be available 30 minutes before and after each class to assist students as needed)
This position will be posted until October 15, 2020.